Dennis23

Dennis23

Hello Vendiscuss Community,

I have been in business since 1988. I started out in the honor snack box business. I believe we sold the snack box business in 1996 or 1997 and without draging my tax records out I can't narrow it down anymore.

I went into the full line vending business at the time I sold my snack box business. We entered the vending business as a husband and wife team until my wife decided to go back into the field she attended college for in 2003.

I sold the full line vending business August 1st of 2009 to a regional vendor and went to work for them at that time. The regional company put me in a management position which I'm not sure I was ready for. A few months ago I was told I was going to be put in sales, client retention, and inspections. I was replaced by a young man.

Things went well for me in sales and I got over being replaced and begin to realize things in the corporate world were at lot different than they were being a sole propieter.

After a few months in the sales end of this world things were not going well on the operations side and I was asked to come back into the operations side of things. I resisted but was highly encouraged to go back to the operations side.

I am now back in the fast paced operations side and at times love it but at other times hate it. I have a web site that brings me a lot of joy. I write about what I know and that is the vending business. My love is the snack box business and for for many reasons. The friends you make and the money you make. If I had it all to do over again I would stay in the snack box business.

Thnak you for taking the time to read about my story and I look forward to getting to know the people in this community. Thank You poplady1 for talking to me about this community.

Dennis

Hello Vendiscuss Community,

I have been in business since 1988. I started out in the honor snack box business. I believe we sold the snack box business in 1996 or 1997 and without draging my tax records out I can't narrow it down anymore.

I went into the full line vending business at the time I sold my snack box business. We entered the vending business as a husband and wife team until my wife decided to go back into the field she attended college for in 2003.

I sold the full line vending business August 1st of 2009 to a regional vendor and went to work for them at that time. The regional company put me in a management position which I'm not sure I was ready for. A few months ago I was told I was going to be put in sales, client retention, and inspections. I was replaced by a young man.

Things went well for me in sales and I got over being replaced and begin to realize things in the corporate world were at lot different than they were being a sole propieter.

After a few months in the sales end of this world things were not going well on the operations side and I was asked to come back into the operations side of things. I resisted but was highly encouraged to go back to the operations side.

I am now back in the fast paced operations side and at times love it but at other times hate it. I have a web site that brings me a lot of joy. I write about what I know and that is the vending business. My love is the snack box business and for for many reasons. The friends you make and the money you make. If I had it all to do over again I would stay in the snack box business.

Thnak you for taking the time to read about my story and I look forward to getting to know the people in this community. Thank You poplady1 for talking to me about this community.

Dennis

Welcome aboard Dennis. We just got our delivery of honor boxes for Sue. They look great and she already has a few locations so they will be going out shortly. I am sure she will like it. Perfect match.

Enjoy the boards. I know everyone will will benefit from your knowledge and support. Glad to see you joined up.

Poplady

Archived