New Honor Box Route

Poplady1

My partner has started her own honor box route. She is retired so she wants to continue working. She got her boxes from Dennis from www.vending-business-information.com. She purchased 25 white boxes. They came as promised and look to be pretty good.

She found 5 locations on her first two days. Put those out. Then she found 6 more locations with a little help and she has those out. All items in the box are 1.00 except crackers which are 2 for a dollar. After a week, she went out to check them. Here is the report.

11 boxes

1 box the money box was missing (or possibly not put in) but a lot of money in the box area anyway (all items paid for)

1 box missing one unpaid item

1 box (at blockbuster) 10 items sold and 1 item paid She is pulling that one

The remaining 8 boxes averaged about $15.00 each for one week.

Monday she has an appointment with a metal fabricating location with over 100 employees. They want to see if she would put in a couple of boxes in the managers office area (32 employees) because they do not want to walk out to the floor. They will guarantee sales. She drops off the box with a item count and they pay for any shortage. I told her to offer beverage delivery also...this could be a good one for her.

Will let you know how it goes...

Poplady

Great to hear. I am at a crossroads on whether to enter the honor box business.

What was your friends total profit out of the $15? How much time does she spend filling, servicing and calculating profit/shrinkage?

Any help appreciated.

those numbers are good in my experience. sounds like she is off to a good start best of luck to her bev!

ps - i would consider using the smaller boxes in addition to the bigger oens a lot of banks and so on which i find are great accounts have very limited space.

those numbers are good in my experience. sounds like she is off to a good start best of luck to her bev!

ps - i would consider using the smaller boxes in addition to the bigger oens a lot of banks and so on which i find are great accounts have very limited space.

You mean order the brown boxes or even smaller white ones, let me know and I will let her know. I couldn't say how much time she has put into it to date. Seems like a learning curve type of thing right now. She isn't afraid of sales which will really help her out. She went to deliver a box in a shopping mall and the manager said no after saying yes to her the day before so she marched right into the mall office and ask if they would like one, and they took it. It fun seeing someone just give it a try.

• 4 months later...

Now that we have some time doing this under our belts, it does have some drawbacks. Sue has about 37 accounts set up. Each week she ends up pulling a box because of very slow sales or theft. For some reason a box will start off hot and then go dead. So its a battle keeping your accounts. Some of the accounts require twice a week service which surprises me (those accounts seem to be the most honest accounts). The over all theft rate is about 17%. Everything in her boxes are priced at 1.00.

She has learned to let her boxes sit for a couple of weeks to make the most money. They will eat just about everything in the box if it sits. Plus she has a mix of box sizes from the small white box to the larger boxes. The small white boxes seem to do very well in those cell phone sales offices.

Right now her weekly income runs about $325.gross. She works 2 1/2 days (4 hours a day) total 10 hours a week.

Hope this info helps.

Poplady

For some reason a box will start off hot and then go dead.

Do you change up the product offerings? Maybe they get tired of the same products? I know our full line guy here at work changes up his stuff every week, something always is being offered new.

slow sales u can always change the product mix up and do it every 30 45 or 60 days, it will eventually sell, also asking what they like

makes a big difference. i had a box one place where the sales were terrible then i went to pull the box the guy said "we only eat the pasteries,why not just bring us a whole box of that' so i did they paid 100% and ate the whole box every cycle turned into one of my best accts from one of my worst.

also moving the box around helps sometimes the employees move it to a really dopey place like on top of a fridge where nobody sees it.

Archived