Product recommendations?

Big Mike

I haven't carried any of the chips you list, but so far the only chips I can get to move at all are Miss Vicki's and Veggie Straws. I'm going to add in TGIF and see how they move. I know dogcow likes TGIF, partly because of their long date. They smoke the exp date on any other chips, but the Veggie Straws come close date wise. Picked some more up today and they don't expire until August. I have used Mrs. Freshley's along with another brand or two of pastries and I just can't get pastries here to move at all no matter who makes them. I gave up after throwing pretty much all of them away.

Thanks for the responses.

Lake, You will like TGIF. They have good dates, sell well, and a good profit margin.

We have always used Sam's. I was thinking about ordering from Vistar. I'm not familiar with some of their products like the ones above.

The new account we have want LSS chips. We can get the same net profit per turn (or better) with the LSS chips that we get with 1oz chips from Sam's. We just need to find a few other things to order from them. Even if it means paying just a little more for like items.

Mike

I have a few specifically to ask about:

Herr' Chips

Rye Street Chips(Have had salt & pepper as a sample. Liked them.)

Snack King Tortilla Chips

Rugers Wafers

Mrs Freshley's Value Line

Mike

I do pretty good with the Herr's Pop Chips and Jalapeno Poppers. 2-3 cases a week nice long dates.The pop chips are also a healthy item.

Don't know about the Rye Street, like previously mentioned I don't do much with LSS and have not tried them.

I tried the value line without much success, am doing much better with a more "premium" product like Broadstreet Bakery. The Jumbo Honey Bun (5oz) instead of the 3.5 (5-6 cases a week) oz. Dolly Madison creme Zingers (4 in a pack 2 per week). Some type of Danish or Bear Claw(3-4 per week) etc. Pricing all pastry items, including Poptarts at 1.00

Rugers sold poorly mrs freshleys honey bun sells great

I use the jumbo the smaller size sells fine at the same price point but some people complained so I switched back to the jumbo size.

Rjt mentionedthe company that does the tgif chips also cpes chilli cheese chips

That diid well for him if ur ordering from vistar id give it a shot

Rugers sold poorly mrs freshleys honey bun sells great

I use the jumbo the smaller size sells fine at the same price point but some people complained so I switched back to the jumbo size.

Rjt mentionedthe company that does the tgif chips also cpes chilli cheese chips

That diid well for him if ur ordering from vistar id give it a shot

Yea, they do Nathan's Famous cilli cheese fries. They have long dates, 100 cal, and sell decent......

Some other items you might want to look at trying from Vistar that show up in my warehouse on a regular basis.

Lance Peanut Bars

Lance White Cheddar Popcorn

Snyders Kosher Dill Chip

Bob's Jalapeno Chips

Golden Batch Low Fat Sugar Free Wafers

Kars 1oz. Almonds

Kars Mango Pineapple Unsalted Mix

Mrs Freshley's Brownie's (frozen)

Grandma Mini Vanilla Cookies

Lay's Sour Cream & Onion

Lay's BBQ

Ruffle's Cheddar & Sour Cream

O'Brian Beef Salami Sticks

Cornnuts 1.4 oz vend pack

Trix and Coco Puffs cereal bars

Some other items you might want to look at trying from Vistar that show up in my warehouse on a regular basis.

Lance Peanut Bars

Lance White Cheddar Popcorn

Snyders Kosher Dill Chip

Bob's Jalapeno Chips

Golden Batch Low Fat Sugar Free Wafers

Kars 1oz. Almonds

Kars Mango Pineapple Unsalted Mix

Mrs Freshley's Brownie's (frozen)

Grandma Mini Vanilla Cookies

Lay's Sour Cream & Onion

Lay's BBQ

Ruffle's Cheddar & Sour Cream

O'Brian Beef Salami Sticks

Cornnuts 1.4 oz vend pack

Trix and Coco Puffs cereal bars

Thanks for the suggestions. We are a week away from our first order.

Mike

Here is what I like and has been a success for me over the years. I am going to provide you with a link to an article I wrote about products that sell in a snack vending machine. I'm from the midwest and your part of the country may be slightly different but the items I suggest have a national appeal. http://www.vending-business-information.com/vending-machine-snacks.html

Good luck with what ever you choose to sell.

Here is what I like and has been a success for me over the years. I am going to provide you with a link to an article I wrote about products that sell in a snack vending machine. I'm from the midwest and your part of the country may be slightly different but the items I suggest have a national appeal. http://www.vending-b...ine-snacks.html

Good luck with what ever you choose to sell.

Thanks for the link Dennis.

I am trying to figure out in what ratio to order product. In order to get a good variety Ill be ordering from Vistar. They have a 50 case minimum! I will mainly be ordering chips, pastries and cookies. I will still get candy bars, granola bars, cheese & crackers etc from Sam's due to a large price difference. Is there a rule of thumb on a starting ratio? What little experience I have I think pastries out sell chips. 2 to 1?

Sorry for all the newbie questions.

Mike

I am trying to figure out in what ratio to order product. In order to get a good variety Ill be ordering from Vistar. They have a 50 case minimum! I will mainly be ordering chips, pastries and cookies. I will still get candy bars, granola bars, cheese & crackers etc from Sam's due to a large price difference. Is there a rule of thumb on a starting ratio? What little experience I have I think pastries out sell chips. 2 to 1?

Mike

Forgot to put Bugles, 1.75 oz peanut, and original pork skins on my list.

If I was to set a 4 wide my initial fill would be something like this:

Top 2 rows (4 selection) all chips

Row 3 (4 selection) higher price items like Pork Skins, microwave popcorn, Chex Mix, Animal crackers

Row 4 (8 selection) 2 crackers, 6 candy, choc or any item with a cost exceeding .45

Row 5 (8 selection) 8 selections, trial mix, rice crispy treats, nature valley bars, nutri grain, cornnuts, peanuts, oreos etc.

Row 6 (4 selection) 2 cookie Famous Amos, Knott's Berry etc and 2 pastry items

Mike

I wouldn't say pasties outsell chips I would say it is the other way around. Chips out sell pasties. I had those figures in front of me just the other day.

I don't buy from Vistar anymore but did for several years and if you ask them they will provide you with a list of their top sellers to slowest sellers. That list will tell you what other venders are using in your part of the country.

Archived