Anyone ever deal with a Vending Concepts out of Ft. Worth, TX?

Bocephus

Anyone ever had any dealings with a company called Vending Concepts out of Ft. Worth? They are trying to sell my on overpaying for a machine from them with the promise that they will train me and place the machine for me in a good location. Interested if anyone has any opinions on them?

They want $2500 for a multi-price soda machine they will place at a new location for me. Seems to me I could buy a machine cheaper somewhere else and pay money for a locator and come out ahead.

I have never dealt with them, but I would steer clear. You can get refurbished machines cheaper then what they are selling mostly "as is" on their website by at least a couple hundred dollars or more in some cases. I see everything from a DN 501T for $995 and a DN2054 glassfront for $2,499. I can get both of these machines cheaper in Ohio if I watch Craigslist and ebay. Usually cheaper by at least $300, and sometimes even better. I doubt they would give you the glassfront plus locating it for you for $2500, so let's just say you get the 501T. Not only have you overpaid for the machine alone by $300-500, they've then effectively charged you $1500 to locate it for you.

If you're just not comfortable locating yet, then buy a machine on your own and pay a locator to help you out. From what I hear you can get a soda machine located for $150-$300, giving you a total cost of as little as $650 (or less if you get a really good deal) vs. paying $2500. This forum will train you for free and the members here even give free tech support as much as possible.

If you can't find any machines on ebay or craigslist, then you can go ahead and get one from them, but don't let them locate it for you.

Anyone ever had any dealings with a company called Vending Concepts out of Ft. Worth? They are trying to sell my on overpaying for a machine from them with the promise that they will train me and place the machine for me in a good location. Interested if anyone has any opinions on them?

They want $2500 for a multi-price soda machine they will place at a new location for me. Seems to me I could buy a machine cheaper somewhere else and pay money for a locator and come out ahead.

As with most anything there are pros and cons to the situation. For some people paying a premium for a machine(s) and location and some support is worth the added expense while in the startup phase of the business. SImply put, its easier, but if your capital is limited then it will hamper your ability to grow as well.

IMO, at some point your are going to have to learn to get locations on your own or you will spend most, or all, of your hard earned profits paying someone else to do it for you. Why not bite the bullet and learn how to do it from the get go and use the savings to get more equipment to grow faster?

If you do decide to do business with them then take the time to check them out carefully, ask for references. Not only customers but from their suppliers as well, it should give you a pretty good picture about the kind of people you will be dealing with, good or bad.

• 2 months later...

Just bought a 501T from them for $945 with them setting machine up for 16.9 oz bottles and pricing with my choice of drinks, $20 for lock and keys, $45 to platting and wrap, shipping cost me $164 with lift-gate to business. 30 day warranty, with life time phone support on machine. This is my first soda machine, could not find any worth the money where I live, old as dirt machines and wanting antique prices!

Will be delivered to business Tuesday, will let everybody know about condition and how it works!

PS

They had a coke machine there, owner had them pull it, for me to put my machine.

I have a snack machine there already and like the service I give him!

Just bought a 501T from them for $945 with them setting machine up for 16.9 oz bottles and pricing with my choice of drinks, $20 for lock and keys, $45 to platting and wrap, shipping cost me $164 with lift-gate to business. 30 day warranty, with life time phone support on machine. This is my first soda machine, could not find any worth the money where I live, old as dirt machines and wanting antique prices!

Will be delivered to business Tuesday, will let everybody know about condition and how it works!

PS

They had a coke machine there, owner had them pull it, for me to put my machine.

I have a snack machine there already and like the service I give him!

Would like to hear an update in a few months on how the machine is holding up.

Archived