Power surge

havending

I have a machine that I had to replace the emi filter on. I also found out that at this location the plug used for the machine is used for the fountain and a few lights are on the same circut. The location flips the switch that controls this power in the morning and turns off at night. Is this power surge every day enough to ruin the filter. I put in a surge protector in case. The emi filter is where the power enters then is split off to power suppply and main board.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

almost anything power surge related can happen just be glad it was a filter and not a power supply or mainboard

emi filters are basically a ceramic capastior, anything can burn these up,

lightning, power surges

or even human failures , night maid plugs a vaccum cleaner on that line, a pc or phone charger can do it

any device on that line can cause these failures

you mentioned lights florecent lights are a big emf killer. that pump motor is another current hog.

just be glad whatever caused it to die means it died in the line of duty and didnt let anything else get damaged.

surge protector is a good idea too.

almost anything power surge related can happen just be glad it was a filter and not a power supply or mainboard

emi filters are basically a ceramic capastior, anything can burn these up,

lightning, power surges

or even human failures , night maid plugs a vaccum cleaner on that line, a pc or phone charger can do it

any device on that line can cause these failures

you mentioned lights florecent lights are a big emf killer. that pump motor is another current hog.

just be glad whatever caused it to die means it died in the line of duty and didnt let anything else get damaged.

surge protector is a good idea too.

Do you think the surge protector will prevent it from happening again

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Archived