Uturn 50 cent problems

lefty

I have been switching over some of my Uturn machines to 50 cent mecs but have been having a problem with them jamming on me. It seems that the quarter on the left sometimes seems to slip down to far and then jam. Was wondering if anyone has had this happen and if so what they did to fix it? Besides throwing the Uturn in the trash which is the next step haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you get it figured out. I was thinking about getting the 50 cent mechs. I really dislike the U-turns I bought. They look great in pictures and from a distance, yet up close the plastic looks a bit cheap. I also dislike the sloppy way they designed the coin box. Done ranting but I strongly discourage U-Turn. Haven't heard from my U-Turn mentor since buying them...

I hope you get it figured out. I was thinking about getting the 50 cent mechs. I really dislike the U-turns I bought. They look great in pictures and from a distance, yet up close the plastic looks a bit cheap. I also dislike the sloppy way they designed the coin box. Done ranting but I strongly discourage U-Turn. Haven't heard from my U-Turn mentor since buying them...

I wonder why? Just thinking.

I'm not sure. They called often to try and get my business but then I received no follow up. They didn't ask if I was happy or needed help. Disappointed but grateful to have found this website. Wish I had come here sooner!

Sounds like you fell for the biz-op. Don't feel bad most everyone goes through some sort of learning curve when they start out. Myself included.

I'm not sure. They called often to try and get my business but then I received no follow up. They didn't ask if I was happy or needed help. Disappointed but grateful to have found this website. Wish I had come here sooner!

Don't beat yourself up about it. Most of us have fallen victim to the biz ops. They have a huge marketing budget and can make anything look good.

Glad to have you here.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

That's the spirit gallifrey! Even the worst biz-op machine can be profitable if you find the right product, the right location, and are willing to work with it.

I'm also interested in the 50-cent U-Turn mech question. By increasing the vending options of these machines, we may be able to keep a few more U-Turns on the lines, even if they are a pain in the neck.

That 50 cent Uturn mech is very unfriendly. Here is the instructions from one of their price labels: "Insert 1 Coin, Turn, Insert 2nd Coin, Turn" And you thought back-to-back quarters was a pain!!

Seriously? That's really sad. I can see why no one is using them. While I agree back to back is a pain, this sounds nightmarish.

Haha. I feel like it's one of those "Just say no" campaigns. I called my mentor/emailed him and still never heard anything about the mechs in over two weeks. Started looking at Northwestern. Any other recommendations? The sad part is I like the U-Turn. It feels like an unfinished design. It would be great with higher quality mechanisms and a dedicated cashbox!

Haha. I feel like it's one of those "Just say no" campaigns. I called my mentor/emailed him and still never heard anything about the mechs in over two weeks. Started looking at Northwestern. Any other recommendations? The sad part is I like the U-Turn. It feels like an unfinished design. It would be great with higher quality mechanisms and a dedicated cashbox!

I agree. The U-Turns themselves are a fantastic idea... they just fail terribly at the execution on the design. I really wish that a reputable manufacturer like Northwestern would make something like a U-Turn just so we could see what a quality carousel vending machine would look like.

Archived