Local Charity

mainor5251

my route is primarily commission based but i do have several gravy accounts that were acquired using the charity model. I keep finding accounts that seem completely disinterested in allowing me to place machines just so they can earn an extra $5-$30 a month. with that in mine i recently sook out a local charity with a good reputation and name recognition. for me united way of northwest fl was the obvious choice. i met with the director of resource development today and gave him my whole schpiel. He seemed very interested and considered it a no brainer but would have to get board approval. He talked about thier network and how we could tap into that. real sharp guy hope i get the oppurtunity to partner with there organization. hopefully i can start locking up some of these accounts that don't seem to want to give me the time of day but who already have a relationship with this organization. sent them a proposal and a sample placement letter this evening so we will see.

Nice work mainor.

I too work with a local charity.

They didn't have a vending program and I was able to contract with them by working with the director.

I am the only vending company contracted to work with them and that's the way it should stay.

It's got a great rep, great name recognition, and they have been a joy to work with.

I also work with one of the big national charities that had their vending program in place and that most other vendors use.

But, the local charity that I worked hard to set up my vending agreement with is much more satisfying to raise money for AND it is easier to locate machines for, too.

I also found a local charity, that's VERY popular in my area, to partner with for certain scenarios. I have found the downside is that they are unfamiliar with having a vending program, so we're trying to figure it out together, but I hope it is a good fit. I am also using St. Jude's for name recognition when using a locator service, but the businesses down my the beach will probably prefer the local charity.

its very hard to get to the decision maker face to face. i believe partnering with a local charity which a strong foot hold will allow me to pitch locations through emails and social media with some success, we will see any way.

Archived