What's the best use of a spiral

PerformaVending

Today was a great victory for me. I bought out the remnants of North Star Vending, and all of their equipment for $150.00. I'm pretty happy, though I expect the locations will be slow ones. It's mostly triples. However, in the mix is a relatively (within the last 10 years) new Selectivend Roadrunner. It's a little worn, but with a few touch ups will be good as new. It's currently at a location, that I'm told makes about "Ten bucks a month". This seems a little low for something like this. As I'm so used to triples, and other "small" bulk machines, I'm rather at a loss. I would really like to make some money with this. So, what sort of location should I seek out? What should I do to maximize my profits on this machine? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Sure! Would you recommend a restaurant style setting, or go with a retail style establishment? I have very limited experience with gum.

Mexican restaraunt of Chinese buffet type restaraunt. Some type of location where kids are present. Don't be fooled, adults will play with this machine also.

I just placed one in a supermarket along with a 7 way rack only because the owner gave me so much space but this type of machines also do well in Pizza shops just remember not to fill it up all the way I would maybe go a case and a half on the 850ct. gumballs.

Good Luck and Good Selling!

Personally, I would sell the Spirals and replace them with Shootin Hoops if possible or just get a standard machine with a fat head globe. Spirals hold way too many gumballs and in most locations will go stale and have to be thrown out. I see fewer and fewer spirals on locations today. Spirals seem to have lost their luster, except in Mexican restaurants around here where the owners buy their own machines - bet those gumballs are marbles now!

Personally, I would sell the Spirals and replace them with Shootin Hoops if possible or just get a standard machine with a fat head globe. Spirals hold way too many gumballs and in most locations will go stale and have to be thrown out. I see fewer and fewer spirals on locations today. Spirals seem to have lost their luster, except in Mexican restaurants around here where the owners buy their own machines - bet those gumballs are marbles now!

They have done very well for other operators in this area. They typically only fill the machines 1/2 to 1/4 full to prevent the stale issue, or load them with bouncy balls. I'll keep that in mind Jax Snacks- the more interactive machines seem to be the way to go now. I assume the pinball variety still do alright too right?

Archived