first crane questions from a newbie

Metro

Hi. I have a chance to pick up a decent used treasure chest crane. This would be my first crane. I don't know anything about them.

Do you think a treasure chest is any good?

What is a fair price?

Are there any locators who locate cranes?

What is the customary commission paid to the location? thenka.

they made a few different models. I have one older one and 2 newer ones. I paid $200 for the older one it needed a $20 power supply

the newer ones i paid $350 ea they need the graphics removed and some new switches.

The older ones are much easier to work on and easier to move IMO however so far as i know

you cannot automatically set a payout percentage like you can with newer cranes. This can cause a bit of

difficulty in calibrating the cranes correctly making it hard to quickly change product. The newer ones I have don't use a potameter

to calibrate the claw, making it annoying as hell to calibrate it.

I pay 35% of gross sales or 50% of gross profit which ever they prefer it doesnt matter because it largely works out the same

anyway.

yes some locators locate cranes, going rate is $300 ...but crane locations are not hard to find, most of mine are at laundromats

if you have bulk locations you can try those.

they made a few different models. I have one older one and 2 newer ones. I paid $200 for the older one it needed a $20 power supply

the newer ones i paid $350 ea they need the graphics removed and some new switches.

The older ones are much easier to work on and easier to move IMO however so far as i know

you cannot automatically set a payout percentage like you can with newer cranes. This can cause a bit of

difficulty in calibrating the cranes correctly making it hard to quickly change product. The newer ones I have don't use a potameter

to calibrate the claw, making it annoying as hell to calibrate it.

I pay 35% of gross sales or 50% of gross profit which ever they prefer it doesnt matter because it largely works out the same

anyway.

yes some locators locate cranes, going rate is $300 ...but crane locations are not hard to find, most of mine are at laundromats

if you have bulk locations you can try those.

I agree do pay a locator.

Locations want cranes

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Archived