Dixie Narco 501T DBV or Coin Mech issues

bil10219

I have a Dixie Narco 501T with either DBV or Coin Mech issues. If you put in a dollar, you get a dollar credit. When you go to make a selection for an $.85 soda. It reads "Use correct change" and then spits out 4 quarters. If I enter $.85, it vends fine. Likewise, if you put 4 quarters, you get a dollar credit. When you go to make a selection for an $.85 soda. It again reads "Use correct change" and then spits back out 4 quarters. Called Dixie and ran some diagnostics. It accepted the change and gave it back. It accepted the Dollar but did not give it back. Any suggestions? The Dixie tech said it could be the DBV (most likely), the coin mech (because I'm getting the message on the 4 quarters as well), or the control board (because it is happening with both).

Thanks for your input.

Bill

I would double check to make sure that it is vending nickles and dimes. It sounds like the machine is having trouble vending nickels. If the dimes were the only problem (or a problem at all) the machine would vend out 3 nickels instead of 1 dime and 1 nickel. It sounds like to me that the machine THINKS the coin-mech is working fine so it will accept any currency you put into it... but once it tries to give change back (most likely nickels it the problem, as I was saying), it realizes that it cannot vend out the change and so it says use correct change (as correct change would require giving no change back) and gives your money back.

Basically... if you have a spare coin-mech, I would put it in first and see if it solves the issue. If not, I would try forcing nickels out... or maybe even try changing the price to .75 and verify that it works fine. This SHOULD verify that the board is fine as is the validator but the coin-mech is having issues vending out nickels.... I doubt it's a dime issue but I am not sure if that's multi-price or not and I am not 100% certain if dimes could cause this.

Archived