who's currently (or formerly) in the computer industry?

dogcow

wow i bet working for nasa was cool. you couldnt pay me enough to deal with java/jsf what a mess, im glad

to have not had to mess with java in a decade

It was pretty cool. It was In the hay day of the shuttle program. Lots of interesting stuff happening. Space work is too dependent on Congress so I switched over to do DoD work. Much more consistent work.

It was pretty cool. It was In the hay day of the shuttle program. Lots of interesting stuff happening. Space work is too dependent on Congress so I switched over to do DoD work. Much more consistent work.

you live over in cape canaveral?

you live over in cape canaveral?

North Alabama. NASA controls a lot of mission pieces from Marshal Space Flight Center here. And the engines of the launch vehicles were controlled from here.

I fit into this thread pretty well. 20 years in IT, still there working on great stuff like state of the art websites and mobile, but I somehow find myself looking for something more tangible, something that doesn't require sitting all day. I'm just starting vending (bulk) as a small side business for now - if I love it then maybe I'll build it up and eventually (hopefully?) earn enough to quit the corporate world.

Archived