WALMART

ANDERSONVENDING

Thanks for posting this John,

I saw it last night, and read it to my wife. We can't believe it!!!

What's even more amazing to me is some of the comments supporting Walmart!

Corporate greed truly is amazing isn't it.

I especially liked this part too...

"Wal-Mart spokesman John Simley, who called Debbie Shank's case "unbelievably sad,"

replied in a statement: "Wal-Mart's plan is bound by very specific rules. ..."

Uh, yea right, whatever.

I know for a fact those are not rules, in the strictest sense of the word, they are

guidlines that are in place to inform the employees of Walmarts rights, which may be

exercised at their option.

Unfeeling, uncaring, but mostly unbelievable. Karma will catch up to 'em eventually,

and all I can say to them then is good luck.

Dave

That's corporate america for ya. You're just a number without a face. They could care less about the people making them money. If one leaves, they just replace them with another warm body.:X

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I did'nt buy everything I vend from Sams club

Any alternitives?

Dave,

I have ditched Sam's myself. I now go to BJ's. They have everything Sam's has plus I get 850ct DB GB for only $16.99 instead of paying $18.99 at Sam's. PLUS no tax in Massachusetts! :D

Steve

Steve,

It seems like most of the bulk candy (M&Ms, skittles, etc) are relatively expensive at BJs ($7.40 for 54 oz). Do you order it in larger quantity at a discount from BJs? This is with the exception of the gumballs, of course.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Steve (and guys)!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been sick.

I'll have to check out BJ's next time I'm in a real city. :)

I live in Backwards Oklahoma where Sam's has the market sewed up, and we don't have a BJ's.

My sister lives in Plano, Texas. There's a BJ's about 2 miles from her house.

Next time I'm down there I'll use her account and stock up!

Thanks for the tip!

Dave

Steve,

It seems like most of the bulk candy (M&Ms, skittles, etc) are relatively expensive at BJs ($7.40 for 54 oz). Do you order it in larger quantity at a discount from BJs? This is with the exception of the gumballs, of course.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

Yes my BJ's is a bit more expensive than Sam's on PMM. BJ's has them for $7.99 for 56oz as opposed to $7.88 at Sam's for 56oz. However, my BJ's is much closer to me than my Sam's so the 11 cents per bag doesn't bother me too much. When you figure what I'm saving in gas and on the GB, I can afford the PMM. :D

Steve

Hey Steve,

Do you think its cheaper to buy candy in bulk, from a distributor, such as A&A, or to buy it from BJs? The issue with A&A is the shipping cost. I'm interested in hearing your experience with this.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian........I think you are better off with Sam's or BJ's.

Brian

I order from a bulk vendor, I drive 4 hours there and 4 hours back. (could have 1000lbs shipped for $250.00)

Bulk pricing can be cheaper but not always, but there is a larger selection.

Also the real benefit is it is fresh!

The bulk provider I use try's to keep a 30 day supply in the warehouse. I order enough for my routes every 30 days. So there is a 60 to 90 shelf life already used when it is placed in the machine. I fill according to what I think the location will use in 6 weeks. So now the consumer is getting a product that is no older then 130 days, well within most products shelf life.

Not all bulk suppliers are the same, I have ordered from others that the product was past its prime.

Warehouses, sell products that they may have had in storage at their central warehouse or in another location were it was a slow moving product. No guarantees.

Grumpy

It is not always about price, sometimes it is about the product and service that you provide.

I should point out that my bulk vendor supplier is also a bulk vendor. He is in charge of what is left of the Stride program. They also use to manufacture their own products and still order products to their specs. (how much oil is in nuts, how hard the jelly beans are...)

Stride program was bulk vending and charity, I order my products from them and give a percentage of my order to charity (2 cheques 1 for product, 1 to my local chapter charity), it was big and had a couple of different charitys but now there is only one that I'm aware of.

Grumpy

• 3 weeks later...

awwe:(  My sister used to be a pharmach tech for Wal Mart and she told me how bad they treat their employees. And I really never shop there because of it.  Of course I do have to go to sam's club ...I am a target girl ..they give back to the community.

Take a look at how Walmart handles its employees.   http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/25/walmart.insurance.battle/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

John

Take a look at how Walmart handles its employees.   http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/25/walmart.insurance.battle/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

John

I WAS IN WAL MART TODAY AND MADE THE COMMENT THAT WITH MONEY THAT BIG WHO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE THE LADY THAT PISSED ME OFF TO BEGIN WITH I WALKED AWAY FROM AND THE CASHIER I WAS INFORMING OF THE RUDE EMPLOYEES DIDNT EVEN SEEM TO HEAR ME.

FURTHERMORE DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WAL MART MY PLAN WAS TO NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN ASD OF 4 MONTHS AGO HOWEVER WITH THE CONVIENCE IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT DO ONE STOP SHOPPING AS BUSY AS LIFE IS THESE DAYS. HOWEVER MY HIGH SCHOOL DAUGHTER BROUGHT UP ONCE GETTING A JOB THERE AND BET ITS NEVER BEEN CONSIDERED AGAIN.

This is very true. My grandmother worked for Walmart at that time and can testify to that.

But unfortunately, they sell so cheap that even if you don't agree with the corporation, that sometimes you can't afford to shop anywhere else.

The only reason I don't really shop there now is it's too inconvient for me to get to.

kdeckels wrote:

It seems like to me when Sam passed away is when things started to really change with Wal-Mart.

• 3 weeks later...