New to vending and could really use some advice

juice2205

My name is Clint and I'm located in Southeast, Ks. I'm really wanting to get into the vending business, but I realize there are a lot of different ways to do it. I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas or advice on the best way to go about the whole start-up process. My initial goal would be to profit around $28-30K a year. Any comments would be welcome. Thanks.

My name is Clint and I'm located in Southeast, Ks. I'm really wanting to get into the vending business, but I realize there are a lot of different ways to do it. I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas or advice on the best way to go about the whole start-up process. My initial goal would be to profit around $28-30K a year. Any comments would be welcome. Thanks.

Welcome.

The best advice I can give is that you take some time and read the old posts and educate yourself about this industry. What type of vending and how you decide to start your business is up to you. IMO that a very personal decision as only you are familiar with your strengths, weaknesses and capabilities. Many here would be more than happy to help give you advice you as you implement your plan.

Welcome.

The best advice I can give is that you take some time and read the old posts and educate yourself about this industry. What type of vending and how you decide to start your business is up to you. IMO that a very personal decision as only you are familiar with your strengths, weaknesses and capabilities. Many here would be more than happy to help give you advice you as you implement your plan.

Only thing I would add is to go slowly at first, don't spend everything you have into it for two reasons.

First like any new venture you will need to tweak your business plan according to fit your strengths and with anything new, those may change or be different than you anticipate. A personal example from my own experience is that I want to have 50%, or more, of my bulk business in toy racks eventually. I found I am pretty good at placing singles and doubles candy machines using NCCS so I thought how hard could it be to sell comm racks, turns out harder than anticipated, so instead of having another 5 doubles out in the field working for me I have a bunch of capsule machines and toys sitting in my living room last 3 weeks. I am not discouraged about this at all, I will eventually get them out there, but the lesson I learned was I shouldn't have spent my last investment into my business all on toy racks, I probably should have gone with one and more doubles. Lesson learned and thank god it only cost me 2-3 weeks of growth for my business, it could have been worse.

Second growing slow, at first, really gives you a chance to see if this is for you. You will see after reading the forums that this is real work and not for everybody, you are already probably expecting the work part but many think this is easy passive income or then they learn how hard it is learning to do things like locate and dodge the crappy biz-ops, they don't have the perseverance to push through so they jump in with everything only to sell everything they bought, taking a huge loss.

One of the great things and probably biggest draw for vending is that it's cheap to get into, compared to most businesses, and your single greatest asset is you. So start slow and build quickly once you know this is right for you.

Archived