Medicine Vending stands

decaturjack

I have a route of medicine vending machines and almost all of them are wall mounted (picture below of one on a stand). I'm looking to locate some more machines but need stands for them. The one extra stand I do have is 28" tall and the base is 14"x17" and is made from formed sheet metal with a flange on the top of it. The machines have bosses in the bottoms of them and screws go through the base plate and into the machine. The machines themselves are roughly 24"x24"x4" and weigh a little over 20lbs. The machines are made by Seaga.

I ordered a stand off eBay for $20 that looked just like mine only to be greatly disappointed as it was from China and made from sheet metal so thin I'd be surprised it could hold itself up much less the abuse they would need to withstand on location.

I would just order some more stands from Seaga but they want $150 per stand. Holy smoke!

I was reading a thread in the equipment forum on here about gumball stands and had an idea. I was thinking I could get one of the round bases that could accept a piece of 1.5" or 2" pipe (preferred) if they come that fit pipe that size. I could make up a flange to fit my machines and weld it to the top of the tube (I have metal cutting and welding equipment). The stands I could find the prices of are around $30 or so before shipping. This seems doable to me.

Thoughts? Is this a crazy idea?

Edit: image link is not working

Image of machine on stand. Not sure why it wouldn't work in the other post:

machineonstand.jpg

Thanks guys. I did find some different sized bases on the internet today that are much cheaper than the ones made for the machines.

I'll check on those sticker machine stands though. They're tall like these medicine machines. Seems like a good match.

There is a company that makes these types of machines in the town over from mine. They have very similar stands, you might check them out for pricing at http://www.vending-mfg.com/

Thanks for the info rdendy I'll check that out. I've seen pics of those machines around but had no idea they were made right here in Alabama. Might check them out in person if I make it to the beach this summer.

Thanks for the info rdendy I'll check that out. I've seen pics of those machines around but had no idea they were made right here in Alabama. Might check them out in person if I make it to the beach this summer.

The beaches are beautiful this time of year, also if you want to hit Gulf Shores or Orange Beach give me a heads up if you want a condo or beach house, I have an in with one of the local Rental management companies and could probably get you a deal. Oh and the owner, my dad, is originally from Decatur so he might give you extra for being around his way ^_^

That sounds great man. We normally come to Orange Beach. Actually are trying to find a place for this summer right now.

He's actually in Orange Beach. Here's his website http://www.coastalpropertyal.com/ if you call tell him Rick sent you. If he asks which Rick tell him his Oldest son :D Oh and his name is Carson, so you might ask for him by name.

He's actually in Orange Beach. Here's his website http://www.coastalpropertyal.com/ if you call tell him Rick sent you. If he asks which Rick tell him his Oldest son :D Oh and his name is Carson, so you might ask for him by name.

hey, I called and talked to your Dad today. One of the places he manages condo's at is a place we've stayed at twice before the Seaside Beach & Raquet club. He quoted me price on a room there this summer. Talking it over with my wife.

hey, I called and talked to your Dad today. One of the places he manages condo's at is a place we've stayed at twice before the Seaside Beach & Raquet club. He quoted me price on a room there this summer. Talking it over with my wife.

Excellent, I know a couple of the condos there are actually my mom's, so I have stayed there as well, it's a very nice place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived