What a $100 crane looks like...

dogcow

• 2 months later...

did you ever get that slam dunk run ning?? I have about 10 of those

i bought from factory in taiwan a few years back.. makes good "filler game" for arcades to keep the videos to a minimum ...i try and put as much self redemption in a small arcade to keep out having to put crappy " 5 dollars gross a week video game,200 every six month for something maintenance" game in my arcade locations..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

i bought from factory in taiwan a few years back.. makes good "filler game" for arcades to keep the videos to a minimum ...i try and put as much self redemption in a small arcade to keep out having to put crappy " 5 dollars gross a week video game,200 every six month for something maintenance" game in my arcade locations..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

sure did, would love to get more of these, how much were you buying them for ? are they still sold. the main problem

is finding prizes that fit the narrow width. i found compusa had a sale on knock off ipods for $10-30.00 i managed to fit them in there with some sports team licensed can coozies from S&B as lesser value prizes. it is a nice money maker IMO. the only prob ive had with it is the ball tends to bounce out of the side of the net and go into the prize door so i have to keep tightening the net on one side and keep a few extra balls on hand at all times. also the switch in the net can stick and trap the ball in the net this locks up the game casuing problems

costal amusements sells the parts so it was easy to get parts

btw just placed my last blazin quarters yesterday, i had bought a bunch of them used

the location owners son plunked in $20 in quarters before i even left the location LOL

do you sell candy tops for these machines? iv e just been using a cardboard honor box

but it doesnt look very good.

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

im surprised u dont build ur own arcades , a local guy here buys the cabs for 300 bucks used ,repaints them fixes the monitors and adds whatever

buttons are needed and throws in a multicade board. he disables all but 1 game then changes the header art out once a month

and enables a different game. so he can cycle thru 60 or 300 games per board depending. also he gave me the tip of

taking out all the coin mechs and putting in just a validator then making it 3 plays for $1.00 he said that makes a ton more

money than 1 play for 0.50 or 1 play for 0.25 he tried it all sorts of ways and that does the best.

sure did, would love to get more of these, how much were you buying them for ? are they still sold. the main problem

is finding prizes that fit the narrow width. i found compusa had a sale on knock off ipods for $10-30.00 i managed to fit them in there with some sports team licensed can coozies from S&B as lesser value prizes. it is a nice money maker IMO. the only prob ive had with it is the ball tends to bounce out of the side of the net and go into the prize door so i have to keep tightening the net on one side and keep a few extra balls on hand at all times. also the switch in the net can stick and trap the ball in the net this locks up the game casuing problems

costal amusements sells the parts so it was easy to get parts

btw just placed my last blazin quarters yesterday, i had bought a bunch of them used

the location owners son plunked in $20 in quarters before i even left the location LOL

do you sell candy tops for these machines? iv e just been using a cardboard honor box

but it doesnt look very good.

i have the candy tops,,in all the colors matching tmolding in machine...i normally give them to customers that buy a machine at the time of purchase if they have to have it for their state..if you want to buy they about $60 each(i use lexan on from glass of them so it doesn't ever break)

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

im surprised u dont build ur own arcades , a local guy here buys the cabs for 300 bucks used ,repaints them fixes the monitors and adds whatever

buttons are needed and throws in a multicade board. he disables all but 1 game then changes the header art out once a month

and enables a different game. so he can cycle thru 60 or 300 games per board depending. also he gave me the tip of

taking out all the coin mechs and putting in just a validator then making it 3 plays for $1.00 he said that makes a ton more

money than 1 play for 0.50 or 1 play for 0.25 he tried it all sorts of ways and that does the best.

videos don't make any money...its hard to get a kid to pay a quarter to play a game that any game on his phone would blow away as far as gameplay and graphics are concerned..Only way they play anything is if they get something(be it tickets or prizes)

I built some multicade cabs myself but never really pursued them as a product line,,just so much easier sticking to pushers when my guys know whats up than working bugs out with new stuff,,when i first started offering pushers for sale I had a lot of hiccups with quality because of new guys trying to cut corners,,i finally got one good guy that really watches out now and Ive had no more issues..If i was to throw a whole new product line then it might mess up my flow..

my favorite multicade board is the "blue elf" and it has a bunch of the old classic fighting games and the 6 button config for fitting,,like tekken, mortal combat,double dragon etc... They really do well compared to the multicade with dig dug etc.. as most kids just spend a hour looking through the games..

there was guy that sold a board that you could hook up to your coin mech and it would always give a ticket or 2,depending on setting..thought about putting those in video games and every quarter would get 4 tickets inserted into video game,,no way to win more ,,but the mentality i have seen in kids at arcades is "I won't play that game because i don't get a ticket" and they will just play the others even if they want to play the video game.

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

my favorite multicade board is the "blue elf" and it has a bunch of the old classic fighting games and the 6 button config for fitting,,like tekken, mortal combat,double dragon etc... They really do well compared to the multicade with dig dug etc.. as most kids just spend a hour looking through the games..

yeah i run the blue elf 2 board in one multicade, nice board but the wiring harness isnt standard jamma so

i couldnt figure out how to make it work , finally found on ebay someone sells an adapter harness. also the

way to return to the main menu is sort of confusing so i find it tends to get stuck in one game anyway

Archived