Suggestions for a rack refurb

kandyking

I got a great deal on a 9 way rack ($100) but it needs some rust removed and the paint freshened. I normally purchase my equipment without the need for rehab so any input you can give me will be greatly appreciated with regard to types of paint to use, how to get the rust off of the chrome and how to get the chrome looking good again.

post-4394-0-87558500-1337396922_thumb.jpg

post-4394-0-52395300-1337396927_thumb.jpg

post-4394-0-07589400-1337396932_thumb.jpg

post-4394-0-02013200-1337396937_thumb.jpg

post-4394-0-05036000-1337396941_thumb.jpg

post-4394-0-97045600-1337396944_thumb.jpg

wow thats in rough shape.

what i'd do is take everything down to bare metal with a chemical remover. then i would blast all the surface rust off

with a sandblaster and fix any pitting ... the lids its probably worth it to just buy new lids because it would cost more

to repair. the same could be said about the hoppers but i honestly dont know. i would repaint with powdercoating

you might be able to get the rust off with naval jelly or ospho (what i use) if u dont have a sandblasting cabinet.

if you are not in a hurry to get that out on the street PM me i can pick it up from you next time im in south florida

which is pretty often and ship it back or you can come drop it off at my shop.

i want to reiterate something i said before...this is why you do NOT paint over rust...you should always

remove rust before painting, ospho is a good choice for rust removal as it will protect the bare metal

from rusting if you cant paint it right away.

The 1" machines are Ashlands. Depending on the wheels you will only be able to do gum, balls, or round capsule. There is a candy wheel, and a modification to the gum wheel for candy. No 50 cent mechs available, that I know of. Parts are very difficult to find. Hopper, Glode and lids are same as NW.

Let me know if you have any question about them.

I found this using the search fuction.

←  Refurb Projects The VENDiscuss Forums » Sign Out timberframe50 ​1Messenger ​Notifications ​Members ​Blogs ​Gallery ​New Content ​Status Updates ​Search ​Mark All Read Chrome paint Reply ​ Like This ​ dperry April 10 2012 In an attempt to try and spruce up my machines, I tried to paint the lids and hoppers of some vista machines to make them look like A&A's PM Supremes. Sadly, rather than looking like chrome, they ended up looking like gunmetal grey. I used Rustoleum brand Chrome paint. I cleaned the parts, and roughed them up, but did not strip down to the bare metal.Is it even possible to get chrome parts by just using chrome paint? Is there another process that is used for this purpose? Should I try a different paint? Lowes has Valspar brand chrome paint, but I would expect that it would have the same sad results. ​ Like This ​ havending April 10 2012 Not sure on that one. There are pros that can chrome stuff but that would cost more than buying new. Here's a tip. When I was starting out I would always add a couple one inch heads or two inch heads to all my toy orders. That way I always had a supply of new machines to go out and by ordering them that way there wasn't a burden when placing racks. Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk ​ Like This ​ dogcow April 10 2012 chrome spraypaint looks like junk, we did some car parts with chrome powdercoat, here the result ​ Like This ​ OneBulkyGuy April 11 2012 I know what you are talking about and it can be done fairly cheap! Almost all chrome paint out there isn't really chrome paint. There is one place that is truely chrome paint. The product you are looking for is called: Spaz Stix Ultimate Mirror Chrome. it is available in Aerosol or Airbrush. And it will give you the Mirror finish you are looking for. check out www.spazstix.com. Good Luck! Post some pics if you go in this direction! Edited by OneBulkyGuy, April 11 2012 - 12:25 PM.

Opps copied more than I wanted to.

Archived