Hello from Chicago suburbs

As someone new to bulk vending, I have been reading everything that I could from this forum over the past two months. I stumbled across it when I was considering buying a route. The info on here was and has been very helpful, but I figured I should introduce myself so that it didn't feel like I was stalking everyone.

I bought an existing route a month ago consisting of 65 1-800 triples, 55 of them on location. Based on the experts here, I didn't great a steal of a deal, but I don't think I overpaid either. It was worth it to pay a little extra to inherit a route with good locations that had been well taken care of. My wife and I are doing this as a joint venture with the hope of using the part time income to help fund some of our kids college fund (only 15 years away...). She has turned out to be the power locator of our company, placing 6 of our extra machines in just a couple of days - look to be pretty good spots too! She is working on another 15-20 leads as well - which is good since we need to replace some of the current poor performers or ones that are a bit of a distance away. That is the nice thing about the Chicago area - plenty of businesses to go around. We started listing potential locations and stopped after a few hundred, and that was just within a couple of miles of our house!

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone for all the good information on here. It has been invaluable to getting me started and exciting about vending.

As someone new to bulk vending, I have been reading everything that I could from this forum over the past two months. I stumbled across it when I was considering buying a route. The info on here was and has been very helpful, but I figured I should introduce myself so that it didn't feel like I was stalking everyone.

I bought an existing route a month ago consisting of 65 1-800 triples, 55 of them on location. Based on the experts here, I didn't great a steal of a deal, but I don't think I overpaid either. It was worth it to pay a little extra to inherit a route with good locations that had been well taken care of. My wife and I are doing this as a joint venture with the hope of using the part time income to help fund some of our kids college fund (only 15 years away...). She has turned out to be the power locator of our company, placing 6 of our extra machines in just a couple of days - look to be pretty good spots too! She is working on another 15-20 leads as well - which is good since we need to replace some of the current poor performers or ones that are a bit of a distance away. That is the nice thing about the Chicago area - plenty of businesses to go around. We started listing potential locations and stopped after a few hundred, and that was just within a couple of miles of our house!

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone for all the good information on here. It has been invaluable to getting me started and exciting about vending.

Happy to see you introduce yourself. Looking forward to see you hanging around to help out the next round of newbie's.

Archived