Mystery of the left-behind toys

PerformaVending

This evening I was servicing my Mall account after hours. They prefer it, as do I. I have a key-card that lets me in, because under my contract I'm technically a tenant. This evening I found a number of toys purchased from my machines set up on a table in the food court. All from my "Treasure Chest mix" so there were Bok-Choy boys a Harley Davidson necklace and a Spongebob self-vend ball. I couldn't believe somebody would spend all that money and leave their toys behind. The janitor was going to sweep them away, so I dumped them in my service kit and left. The mall had been closed about three hours when I went to service, and no-one else was there besides the janitor, my brother, and I.

My plan is to just re-cap these and put them back in the mix, but this stuck out as very strange, so I thought I'd present this to the rest of you so I don't make a mistake here.

What would you do with these toys?

The more vexing question is who spends $2.50 on toys and leaves them behind? What happened that they got left behind? Very strange.

Sounds like somebody just gave you $2.50 for free. Probably somebody's kid just left them by mistake. Nothing more nothing less. Recapsule them and put them back in the machine. To bad that doesn't happen all the time huh?

Sounds like somebody just gave you $2.50 for free. Probably somebody's kid just left them by mistake. Nothing more nothing less. Recapsule them and put them back in the machine. To bad that doesn't happen all the time huh?

I guess so. Certainly weird! (I hope they weren't the janitors) :blink:

Anybody tried out the "chat" feature? It's awesome.

What happened more than likely is they didnt get the prize they wanted that they may have saw in the globe and left the others behind because they didnt want them. I see this all the time with lock stock and barrel thats why it sells so well.

$2.50 isn't that much money to a lot of people. Mom just wanted to appease her kids and keep them happy for a few minutes while they sat and ate lunch. When lunch was over, and they got up to leave, mom paused and asked, "Don't you want your toys?" The kid said No and that was the end of it. No biggie in my book.

What happened more than likely is they didnt get the prize they wanted that they may have saw in the globe and left the others behind because they didnt want them. I see this all the time with lock stock and barrel thats why it sells so well.

Ditto! Some customers will spin many times to get the prize they really want, the other stuff is just junk to them. Many times people ask me for puzzle balls, soccer balls or dice - but nothing else.

Archived