Location Negotiation

English Vending

Doing some car shopping and had a crazy idea.... Has anyone ever done a "I'll buy this car if you give my vending machine a spot here" trade off? I've tried to locate at this dealer (huge Toyota dealership) but got a no in the past. Would definitely be an interesting way to get a loc.

On the same note have any of you done the same thing but maybe with a more 'everyday' product?

Car salesman will say anything up until you sign the contract. I suspect your first service they'll ask you to remove it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Take it easy on the car salesman! ;D Its not a bad idea but you need to talk to the owner and tell him what you plan to do.

We have a member here who is a car salesman. He uses the reverse tactic. Whenever he sells a vehicle to a business owner, he offers a discount on the car if they agree to accept one of his machines.

I'm sure some of you know who I'm talking about. :lol:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Well, if you plan on doing this for a living you are looking at buying 2000 or 3000 cars, this is a really bad plan.

No... That's obviously not my strategy for locating. I'm saying if you happen to be buying a car then it would be nice to secure a location in the process.

Sorry English, couldn't help myself. Yes I have done similar things. If I am on a route and stop for a meal I try to pick a location I want to solicit. I have done the same with my grocery shopping, hey, I'm going to get groceries anyway, can't hurt to ask about a location with a cart full of groceries. Can't hurt to ask. Locating should be a way of life not a sometime activity.

Archived