Evaporator keeps icing on one side

Bobomonkey702

Yes it is a sign that you MAY be low on freon. But there are other factors that causes an evaporator to freeze such as an air leak, bad thermostat. evaporator fan not running, stopped up drain hose causing water not to drain and interfering with the evaporator fan blade. I would check for leaks around the area where your compressor lines come in to the cabinet where the evaporator is located . Also check on the left side where the vend motor wiring assembly enters the cabinet. Check and see if your door the flaps open when you vend a drink is in place.

Ok since putting in the new thermostat there has not been any icing. The only problem I am still having is the drain pan is still filling up with water. I check for air leaks but cant find any. What can be causing all the water to build up in the drain pan? If i get a heated drain pan will that solve the problem? Also when they say there should be a loop in hose, does that mean a full circle like a rollercoaster loop? Wish there was a picture lol

Is the cover over the motors properly in place, If the bottom edge of the cover is not hooked properly and in place sometimes it interferes with the inner door closing properly causing warm air to enter the refrigerated area and causes the evaporator to sweat excessively. In some cases this will cause the evaporator to freeze over.

Is the cover over the motors properly in place, If the bottom edge of the cover is not hooked properly and in place sometimes it interferes with the inner door closing properly causing warm air to enter the refrigerated area and causes the evaporator to sweat excessively. In some cases this will cause the evaporator to freeze over.

Actually the cover is off. Will that cause the problem.

Archived