Profile Privacy is HERE!

caserri

In our continuing effort to provide the best possible user experience while visiting TVF, we are pleased to announce that Profile Privacy has been added to your profile. This feature was one that has been requested several times in the past and I was finally able to implement it.

With Profile Privacy activated, no one but those on your friends list can view your profile. By default, Profile Privacy is not active on your profile. It is something you have to activate. To do so, go to your profile and click the "Edit my profile" button in the upper right corner. You will then see a menu on the left. (See attached photo.)

The Profile Privacy option is the last menu option. As usual, if you experience any issues, please let me know.

post-1-0-16601100-1346963308_thumb.png

Just a note...

It has been brought to my attention that members who would like to "friend" someone who has a private profile can not do so because they can't access the profile to send a friend request. However, there are several options available to send a friend request without accessing the members profile. Most notably the hovercard.

The hovercard is a "profile summary" that appears when you hover your mouse pointer over a members name. There is an "add friend" option on everyones hovercard. Hovercards appear in most areas of the site and here are 3 such examples.

Member list...

post-1-0-87346500-1347032413_thumb.png

Online list...

post-1-0-57206300-1347032440_thumb.png

Post...

post-1-0-80339000-1347032469_thumb.png

Archived