Tech Advice needed: AP Studio series snack bad column?

ABCVending

Hi,

Recently added a new location and machine to my (slowly) builidng route.

It's an AP Studio 4 wide snack.

Although I do know better, I failed to check EVERY selection when I went over the machine with the seller - fact is I randomly hit 4 or so selections and called it good - party foul.

So, went back after making the deal to change the locks and stock up the machine and discovered that NONE of the selections on the left column work - at all.

Each shelf, the far left coils do NOTHING - test vend, put money in, whatever - can't get the coils to spin. Unplug, let sit, still nothing. Free vend - nothing. Everything else on the unit works perfect.

Question - I suspect a pinched wire or shorted motor - would one bad motor cause the whole column to fail?

Don't think it is a bad board - be a weird board failure - anyone have suggestions to narrow down the dianosis?

Thanks

ABC

You need to replace the main tray harness that runs down the back of the machine that the trays plug into. Its AP part number 16600259. Vendors Exchange has them. Its that without a doubt. I replace that ALL the time on vendors machines around here. Once you get it out, you will be able to see a cut or significant pinch somewhere in the wire. Get that and replace it, I guarantee your problem will go away.

If you change out the wiring harness as suggested and it still does the same thing then it has got to be the board. I gave seen studio boards do all sorts of weird things. I have had the situation happen that you are talking about and it has ended up being the board.

Thanks for the replies.

Got a new tray harness ordered, went out to the machine to see how much of a project it was going to be to swap out - pulled the top two shelves, fiddled around with the harness to see what was what - put the shelves back in and, bingo - selections started working again.

So....looks like it's the harnes, will keep an eye on it and see if it crops up again - for now will let sleeping dogs lie.

ABC

Archived