Challenger Candy Crane/Good buy/yes or no

beezneez25

yeah good deal. so far im not a huge fan of these units they are a pain in the neck to service and

the plastic part doesnt go all the way around so when you dump the candy it it tends to spill everywhere

but at that price its a great buy. you will make the money back fast. also i have mine

in an outdoor coin laundry because the body is super heavy duty and it even comes with

a locking coin box.

I have a chance to buy a used Challenger candy crane in perfect working order for $400. Is this a good deal or should i pass? New to the claw business. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

They are good machines and built like a tank. And can be a pain to fill. You can get most of the parts from S&B but if your power supply fails all you will have is scrap metal because you can't get those. I have 3 out on route.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

most cranes need 48v for the claw,,this is basically only difference from most arcade power supplies ....I order my crane power supplies from ycct in taiwan so they are all the same eventually..wei ya can be argued as being best power supply and i kinda agree as i use them in my pushers but all the cranes i imported from feiloli used ycct so if i wanted to consolidate that would be easiest ..

if you want to plug and play at location and not be stripping wires and taping em up in some 100 degree foyer of a restaurant you can just go to mouser and buy the pins and plug harnesses.. Find the matching plug from the photos and make a plug to fit your crane and power supply,like a small jumper.

ron

most cranes need 48v for the claw,,this is basically only difference from most arcade power supplies ....I order my crane power supplies from ycct in taiwan so they are all the same eventually..wei ya can be argued as being best power supply and i kinda agree as i use them in my pushers but all the cranes i imported from feiloli used ycct so if i wanted to consolidate that would be easiest ..

if you want to plug and play at location and not be stripping wires and taping em up in some 100 degree foyer of a restaurant you can just go to mouser and buy the pins and plug harnesses.. Find the matching plug from the photos and make a plug to fit your crane and power supply,like a small jumper.

ron

most of the older cranes i have use a transformer to get the claw voltage with an arcade power supply. smart's design is intelligent

enough so the transformer can be easily replaced,united solders theirs to the board,which is idiotic.

most of the older cranes i have use a transformer to get the claw voltage with an arcade power supply. smart's design is intelligent

enough so the transformer can be easily replaced,united solders theirs to the board,which is idiotic.

if the solenoid is a 48v solenoid why not just bypass that transformer and put a regular crane power supply in its place?? a power supply is basically a transformer in a box, no difference really.

alva amusements sells the wei ya 2040 for about 50 i think, it is same power supply that is in coastal toy soldiers and older c2c cranes...

ron

Voltage to claw is controlled by the board bypassing the board would cause probs I assume

you wouldn't be bypassing the board at all..the boards imports would need the 48v id assume??

i don't really know what kind of crane rig you have or are talking about so i won't guess..Id assume there are a lot of different ways for a crane to function.

just most cranes and games I've ever seen take the standard voltages from power supply,so when i change power supply i just put the wires in same place as old power supply.

ron

Archived