Locations unplug machines

havending

I have had problems with locations unpluging machines. I'm not sure if someone says it didn't work right and they unplug or if its when they clean. But when I walk in and plug the unit no issues. So I made tags and had them sealed in plastic punched a hole in it and zip tied them to the plug and have had no issues in 2 weeks. post-1215-13489746750787_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I had one large mall type location that constantly moved my machines and left them unplugged

after several attempts to fix the problem I used signs... zip ties.. even left notes on the plugs

it was deliberate and i moved out of that location.. and wont go back

i only serviced it every 2 months and they would wait till right after i would leave and do it the next day

so there was no money in anything.

i even made suprise trips days after pull and replug everything in again. only to come back month later to unplugged and moved.

it was a low performer and i left.

Did you speak with mall management? It was probably a competitor that worked there and just wanted your space. To me it sounds like if the machines were always unpluged you could not know if it was a poor performer or not.Did you pay rent for your spaces? Contract etc.?

i always have problems with chinese locations unplugging my machines,,especially in summer months right after they get those 3-4K electric bills because of AC use,,because during winter their buffets keep the place warm so they don't get shell shocked as bad but during summer in TN that AC unit never sleeps..

Our power company(as is most of the souths) is TVA and i made a flier once that had their letterhead and logo and also UL logo etc..made it look really good and had a graph and power consumption usage for them.. It listed things like one light fixture, hand dryers in bathroom, ac, cash register, open neon sign , and my crane etc.. I would put the cranes power usage at about 1-3 bucks a month (which is probably about right) and explain that it costs more to unplug it and plug it back in every day because the machine has to "boot up" etc. and that for their own good they need to not unplug it at all ever!! leave it on 24/7

i tried timers etc and they kept unplugging those also, they where thinking the light was burning so much electricity i guess.. then they would come in and be so busy they would forget to plug back up half the time, my numbers would nose dive big time..

Ive had other placed before too and it was normally a electric thing and the flier has worked, i have a laminated one in each of my cranes so i have it when i need it..

ron

Did you speak with mall management? It was probably a competitor that worked there and just wanted your space. To me it sounds like if the machines were always unpluged you could not know if it was a poor performer or not.Did you pay rent for your spaces? Contract etc.?

I did i spoke to all involved it was management doing this

there was no contract to break, it was thier emploees doing it

it started about a year after i moved in

I paid 50% for arcade 35% for cranes and 30% for bulk vending

so they were making the maximum they could off all my machines

they asked for timers...i put timers on all machines

they would just unplug and move them... and when i mean move them they were not as gentile and careful as we are

so they were getting busted up bad

bill

Archived