is someone kicking my pusher?

dogcow

have a pusher thats a mcgreggor kind, its not bolted down , the take dropped by like 2/3 this month

but the prizes in it seemed to have advanced to the front of the pusher very quick, i am wondering

if someone could be kicking it and not setting off the alarm? i have had pushers shaken before and i know how it looks when someone does that, but this seems very odd, it went from like $250 in a month to like $50 or $60 the next month

my guess is there not kicking it

there sticking something up the coin door to keep the flap open

then tilting the whole thing forward so the coins pour out

need to anchor it somehow or bolt it down.

i thought the same thing but he didn't mention play field being empty?? if play field is intact and the keep has just been lowered in bottom i would just think they are tapping sides to get the loose quarters on edge,, then as soon as a customer almost wins and doesnt,, the store clerk will go an bump machine on side and make those few loose ones fall.. easily fixed by replacing with blazingquarters coin pusher as door only opens when coin is inserted.. to stop just this type scenario..

can also put "slam" switch on side as it will trigger alarm in a small bump that a normal plum tilt won't ..

ron

i thought the same thing but he didn't mention play field being empty?? if play field is intact and the keep has just been lowered in bottom i would just think they are tapping sides to get the loose quarters on edge,, then as soon as a customer almost wins and doesnt,, the store clerk will go an bump machine on side and make those few loose ones fall.. easily fixed by replacing with blazingquarters coin pusher as door only opens when coin is inserted.. to stop just this type scenario..

can also put "slam" switch on side as it will trigger alarm in a small bump that a normal plum tilt won't ..

ron

yeah first off, the delivery door is a kind of an "L" shape

with the actual deliver area at the bottom right of the "L"

it would be very hard to stick something up the chute

to mess with the trap door because it is very high up on the top

part of the "L" you would need a bit of wire thats exactly the shape

yes the playfield is full , i know what it looks like when someone

"shakes" the pusher ive had it happen a few times before. the play field

has a very specific look usually its empty or the space in front of the moving

shelf is very empty everything is pushed up to the front of the pusher.

i agree with ron, when i say kicked i think someone is just kicking it

just enough.

i would like to replace with one of ur pushers but low on cash at

the moment due to a few bad biz decisions lately.

anyway can u explain more detailed what is a slam switch and how

to i set it up?

Slam switch is easily made. Get a sheet of copper or brass, bout as thick as tin can(normally lowes has it, or I have used aluminum can also just doesn't "vibrate" as good as brass..

Cut in strips about 1/4 inch wide and 3 inches long. Fold end of one strip over or roll it up so there is heavy end pc.

Mount on pc to side of pusher where you think they are hitting it. Hook one side of tilt wire to this side.

Now get pc of plastic, rubber etc and get other pc of metal strip with b rolled up side and sandwich the insulator ( plastic) between the two , like 2" of it will be hanging and can "vibrate" and hit other pc of brass..

So 2-3" pc of brass, real this like tin can

1-1" pc of plastic for insulator

Hook both side is tilt to each pc of brass

Now when someone slams side of pusher by tapping side with their knee or fist it will cause brass to vibrate and set off tilt..

Understand?

Ron

http://thearcadeboneyard.com/assorted_electrical/switches_and_buttons/all_other_switches_and_buttons.php

Archived