questions about a route for sale?

llcoolrobb

hi all i found and ad online for a small route for sale not to far from where i live:

the asking price seems high and if the gross sales per month are $2,000 what should the average net be? maybe 1/2 $1,000?

thanks for any info!

Great small Vending Route -

$18000

Reply to this postReply to:

Great small vending route , 2 locations Gross $2000 a month. Both in large apartment complexes.

#1 3 vendo soda machine, multiprice takes

bottles and cans1 AP 6500 snack machine

#2 1 AP LCM combo machine

Takes about 3 hours a week to service.

numbers seem plausible if the demographics are right. i dont do any apts but the section 8 type places supposedly do

very good if you can handle the vandalism problems.

anyway yeah ur net before service costs and tax should be 50-60% of gross sales, but then it drops when you factor all that in

(read the cost to service thread at the top of the forum).

price is a little high but around the right range, equipment sounds solid, only thing my guess is

location #1 is most of the sales and location #2 is almost nothing based on the equipment listing

i would do a little more due dilligence , at the very least do some checking of the vend counters

and so on.

I just posted about getting contracts. This guy is asking for 9 time gross. What gaurantee do you have that you will be there for 9 months?

I was talking with a vendor selling his route he was asking 12 months gross and it was grossing 100k per year. After looking at his books, I saw that 50% of his sale came from 2 locations. They were 2 campuses of a small college. He did not have any contracts and only said that he would introduce me to each location and say this guy just bought my business. I deciced that is was too much rick.

I spoke to him about 4 months latter, and he had lost the 2 locations and his business was cut in half.

Archived