Problem with validator

spenser

I recently came into ownership of a Dixie-Narco vending machine. The coin mechanism works perfect, but the bill acceptor has been nothing but problems. It is a "Up Stack Acceptor" by Ardac, and the model # is 88x5003. It wont pull a bill in, but i can hear it trying to do something. It also says "Coin Only" after being plugged in for more than a few minutes, and the status light goes from blinking steady to blinking very quick. The coin mechanism is completely full of quarters, dimes, and nickles.

I fear I'll have to replace it, but I'm not even sure what model I'll be able to replace it with. I have a M&M vending machine currently sitting in storage, and it has a working Mars series 2000 Bill Acceptor, however its wiring harness looks completely different than the one thats in my Dixie-Narco machine. The Dixie machine has two harnesses coming off of the Ardac Acceptor, a 4-pin and a 12-pin, and I've only been able to find a spot to plug in the 12 pin.

My real questions are

1- Is there anyway to get the bill acceptor in the machine to start working, such as getting it fixed?

2- Would it be better to replace it with the Mars acceptor and find some sort of harness adapter?

3- Should I just purchase a new acceptor? And whats the minimum amount of cash that I'll have to spend on it?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm really interested in getting the Bill Acceptor on the machine working as fast as possible because I feel like I'm losing out a good percentage of sales from people who dont carry around coins. Thanks

1 You could get it repaired and it may work almost as well as it did when it was designed 25 years ago.

It was a so so piece of equipment then. In my opinion today it is useless junk.

2 I like Mars equipment. To order the correct harness you will need to know what model Dixie you have.

3 I do not see the new mars 2700 as a great improvement over the 2500 flash models that take the new $5 bill. The one from your M&M machine may work it is a 110 volt model.

Walta

If thats the case then I'll try to order a harness and try the mars unit before spending the money on another acceptor. The Dixie machine's model # is DNCB 368/MPC-8. Any idea where to find the correct harness and how much it'll cost? Thanks again.

Be aware those MPC machines do have a tendency to light them self’s on fire.

I personally like to support my local or regional distributors.

If you will give us a clue about your location in your profile, someone my have a suggestion.

Walta

To adapt a 2500 series mei validator to your machine I believe you will need a mei 250070013 harness with a dixie adapter harness 804906150.01

If you call D&S vending or Vendors Exchange they will be glad to help you. Get rid of that old validator. Obsolete years ago. Both the companies I mentioned have web sites not hard to find, V/E phone number is 1- 800- 321- 2311 . DS is 1-800-445-8363

You have to make sure that the Mei validator is a 110 volt validator and not a 24 volt unit. The DN Hershey machines I am familiar with used a 24/34 volt validator and not a 110 unit. To tell if your unit is either just look on the side for its specs. Also if the model number ends in a 1 (2501, 2511. 2311) it is a 110 volt unit. If the model number ends in a 2 ( 2502, 2512 etc.) it is a 24/34 volt unit. You can not use a lower volt unit in this machine. You would need to purchase a 110 volt unit along with harnesses to get it going. In any case get rid of that old validator. I have thrown at least a 100 of them out the door.

Contact D&S vending @ 1-800-445-8363 or Vendors Exchange @ 1-800=321-2311. They well be able to help you figure it out and get you the right parts.

By the way I forgot to mention that D/S is located in Cleveland. OH.

So is V/E

Archived