New Mt Dew bottles jamming in DN600's?

PepsiJeff

Hi.. I'm Jeff - worked for a bottler for 14 yrs, but am relatively new to "service".. Problem I am having was Mt Dew bottles (due to the weird design - cant find any pics..even on the MtDew website!.. maybe snap one and post it later..) jamming in the double rows of the 600's (600E and HVV's). I was told a simple quick fix is to place one 3/32 shim on the left, and 2- 3/32 shims on the right.. But still having problems when machine is filled to the top. Is there simply too much weight on the stack? I've tried just two cases (48 bottles) - and it seems to run thru the test vend fine..but when I fill the machine back up, I always get service calls.. Any experience with this?

What type of Jam is happening? If they are locking up and hanging in the air, them spray the sides of the column with pledge and it will make it slippier and harder for the bottles to jam!

• 2 weeks later...

Pledge®? Is that food-safe? haha..

I guess it's called a sidekick bottle..?

tumblr_mbssm5jUaA1r24izlo1_500.jpg

The bottle jam.. as in cruuunnch..gurf.. click click click uuurrg. squeeze the bejeebies out of it until the motor overloads and kills selection. I feel that the bottles are a bad design, as it seems a stack higher than the 48 tends (double column) to weigh down on the irregular bits and pushes them thru the bale bars..

ps.. Does Pledge® also work for glides in coolers? (I also service glass-front merchandisers which have those plastic slides in them - that never really seem to slide very well..)

Armour All is what DN advises for slide trays in the Bev Max glassfront series. The slides in these machines eventually wear out and need to be replaced. I am guessing a set of slides have about a 2 year life span used on a heavy to moderate location. Longer on a light location.

If the bottles collapse because of the weight on top of them then you have a problem. Water bottles are prone to do this. To solve the problem we have our route people only fill the column half way.

Guess who told DN to use ArmourAll...? ;)

We sell Aquafina 1/2L bottles, and are soft as crap and prone to failure.. Also have problems with the Gatorade 20Oz.. but the desired fix is not to fill above a certain level also.. It's so weird to see Dew be limited in a double column, tho, since it's HUGE up here!

Armour All is what DN advises for slide trays in the Bev Max glassfront series. The slides in these machines eventually wear out and need to be replaced. I am guessing a set of slides have about a 2 year life span used on a heavy to moderate location. Longer on a light location.

I started out using Pam but after a week or so it got worse. The service guys at DN also told me about the Armour All. Starting using the wipes they have, makes it easy to apply.

Looks to me like the bottle is smaller in diameter. Have you tried adding spacers . 501e models require 2 3/32nd short flat shims on each side on normal bottles when using a dual column. If that bottle is smaller in diameter than a normal bottle then I would think that you would need at least the 2 shims on each side maybe more. In a bind I have made shims out of plexiglass. I used 1/4 inch plate to replace the 2 3/32 shims and have found that to work.

Archived