Treadmill's Mint Box Report

treadmill

This is awesome stuff, as one of my coworkers was eating candy out of an honor box on our front counter it dawned on me, someone is making money right now, they didn't even have to punch the time clock. I just never thought of it before, now it's in my face everywhere. I gotta start doing this. It looks like your doing service ever two weeks, is that right? How many hours per service? Keep it going!

Actually I service the route once every 4 weeks with the high producers needing to be done every 2 weeks. I usually only service the new locations at the first two week level. This is to check with every location and see where box is located and swap out box if it needs it or not. This is done to see how much shrinkage there is and start the process of evaluating which locations to pull first on the next service cycle which would be at the end of the next month. This last time I tried to do 60 locations a day with the last day being the mop up day (doing locations that were closed when I came by the first time). One thing you have to remember is this type of business is a work in progress meaning you will always be picking up boxes and putting out replacements.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your locator replacing those locations you pick-up after only a month or so?

If not, have you calculated how much he's costing "per location" when you factor in the duds that never got past the 1st collection?

Thanks.

This last time he replaced 20 locations. Mind you these were dud locatios, ones with high shrinkage. Lost money yes but not as much with the ones that were pulled. I would rather have it this way and let it work itself out. I don't mind losing that little of revenue, yes it's money but not at the cost of shrinkage. This last time it was 3 1/2 monthes since he came and he will be back mid April to locate some of my shootin hoops. I will have him at that time relocate another 30 or so boxes.

No I haven't figured in the cost. I really don't have the time right now to do it because of my full time job.

• 3 weeks later...

FEBRUARY UPDATE: 3090.36 Gross 1365.09 Cogs. 1725.27 Profit 35.3% Shrinkage 17.86 Avg./Box

These numbers are for 173 locations serviced. Took me 3 full days to service route this time. Also cleaned up the route some more by getting rid of dud locations (ones with high shrinkage, hopefully shrinkage will be more respectfull next month). During this next month will be looking at which locations that are slower that will require to have boxes set at 50 pcs/box (This is done because they are a slower location and probably will not sell more than 50 pcs in any given month. This is also done to keep the older candy to a minimum). I don't know how many locations I am at at present due to the fact I don't have my route cards with me while I am out on the road. Will post those numbers whenever I get back home in the coming days.

• 3 weeks later...

What do these boxes look like? How much do they run a box? What types of places do you put these in? I do donation boxes and like the stuff I can let soak for 2-4 weeks and service. I only do this part time, have a full time job, help with some jump castles and sell snow cones at the local ball park. Keeps me busy. LOL. I like the thoughts of the pep patties or spiral mints or butterscotch discs.

What do these boxes look like? How much do they run a box? What types of places do you put these in? I do donation boxes and like the stuff I can let soak for 2-4 weeks and service. I only do this part time, have a full time job, help with some jump castles and sell snow cones at the local ball park. Keeps me busy. LOL. I like the thoughts of the pep patties or spiral mints or butterscotch discs.

These boxes run for around $23 for 1 down to I think $19.50 for 32+ boxes. The dims are 10x5x10. For a picture of mine scroll back to I think somewhere on page 2 of this report and you will see a picture of my set up. They hold 100 peppermint patties perfectly. When I service my route there are some that are done at a 2 or 4 week cycle. The buiser ones are done every 2 weeks

• 1 month later...

Archived