Minor problems with an fsi 3061

chickencult

I recently got a fsi 3061. I am having problems getting/setting it to free vend. I am using it at home, so I would like to not have to put in money to make it vend. I have set all of the prices to ".00" and only selection motor 1 seems to works. The motors will all run and dispense from the diagnostic setting on the controller board. I have also tried a different board with exactly the same results. There does not seem to be any errors, I'm thinking it is something I have set wrong, or needs to be reset. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I recently got a fsi 3061. I am having problems getting/setting it to free vend. I am using it at home, so I would like to not have to put in money to make it vend. I have set all of the prices to ".00" and only selection motor 1 seems to works. The motors will all run and dispense from the diagnostic setting on the controller board. I have also tried a different board with exactly the same results. There does not seem to be any errors, I'm thinking it is something I have set wrong, or needs to be reset. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I couldn't find a manual for that machine but if you check this website you may find your answer.

http://www.vendnetusa.com/Manuals/Snack_Vending_Machine_Service__Manuals/

John

Seems kind of wierd that one selection will free vend and the others won't. My first thought was that even at free vend the mech needs change in it to tell the control board "hey, I can make change and am ready to work" but that doesn't reslove the non working selections issue, if one works at free vend they all should. So lets try a couple of things.

First try setting all prices at .25 put a few cans in each selection, some change in the coin mech and try to make a purchase out of each selection. What is the result?

I'm not exactly sure which board you have in your machine (please double check the model number) but it sounds as if you set the price on one selection and not for the whole machine. USI does have a set price by selection, tray or machine option in many of their machines. The newest ones i think are "service mode, 5,3, enter price, #"

I set the prices for each selection to .25 and all seem to work fine. I also put change into the coin mech.

I was actually trying before to get it to work without the coin changer connected, however it did not seem to matter if it was connected or not. It still would only vend on selection #1.

All individual prices on free vend were set to .00. My machine vends 6 types. I actually have a board for a machine that vends more (I think 12 or 16) both boards do exactly the same thing on free vend and only let me choose selection #1. Maybe the problem is in the coin mech?

Thanks to everyone for your help! I finally got it to work a couple of hours ago. It turns out the coin mech must be connected and partially filled to get the free vend function to work on all selections. I was however able to remove the dollar acceptor with no problems.

Archived