What Brand Used Soda Machine is Newbie User Friendly?

bulkjake

I love the royal visions as well! They are by far the best glass front I have ever used, but I did have one break recently. The delivery doors tab broke off and I had to fashion one out of metal for temporary usage until I got the part in. We carry a lot of parts but I didnt expect that to break. I attached a picture of what I did so you can see. I tried using a high strength epoxy at first but didnt end up having time for it to dry so I drilled a small hole and added a rivet to keep everything in place.

You wont get any arguments from me regarding Royal being the best! I was beginning to think that I was the only won that had that opinion as most operators seem to prefer Dixie Narco but now I guess there are two of us!

What set-up are you using on the Vision? Are you using the standard 5 tray 40 select or a different configuration?

By the way.. nice job on the delivery door tab!

You wont get any arguments from me regarding Royal being the best! I was beginning to think that I was the only won that had that opinion as most operators seem to prefer Dixie Narco but now I guess there are two of us!

What set-up are you using on the Vision? Are you using the standard 5 tray 40 select or a different configuration?

By the way.. nice job on the delivery door tab!

Yea, unfortunately my new drink touch screen machines are going to be on top of Bevmax's. I like the bevmax but I will always choose royal over anything.

We use the 5 shelve configuration for all our Glassfront vendors. The whole point of a GF for us is to promote things like starbucks, fuze, vitamin water, smart water, juices, and Energy drinks.

Yea, unfortunately my new drink touch screen machines are going to be on top of Bevmax's. I like the bevmax but I will always choose royal over anything.

We use the 5 shelve configuration for all our Glassfront vendors. The whole point of a GF for us is to promote things like starbucks, fuze, vitamin water, smart water, juices, and Energy drinks.

Why are you using the Bevmax for the touch screen? I guess its not available on the Royal.. I sure you could fashion one out of a old TV screen & a bit of epoxy if you had the time going by what you have done previously!

We use the 8 shelf here with 2 shelves removed as we have different size bottles here & some bottles wont fit in the normal 5 shelf because of height issue's. That's the main reason behind why we choose Royal.. because we can vend products here that other companies that use Bevmax can't!

Why are you using the Bevmax for the touch screen? I guess its not available on the Royal.. I sure you could fashion one out of a old TV screen & a bit of epoxy if you had the time going by what you have done previously!

We use the 8 shelf here with 2 shelves removed as we have different size bottles here & some bottles wont fit in the normal 5 shelf because of height issue's. That's the main reason behind why we choose Royal.. because we can vend products here that other companies that use Bevmax can't!

They do not make them for Royals yet. Im fine with the bevmax since the ones I have work well. As you mentioned though, the bevmax is a pain with certain types of bottles. We have had problems with the Powerade(squared) bottles slipping up from time to time. Also our Pepsi bottler in this area has pretty nasty bottles, this causes problems in GF vendors that do not have a pusher like the Royal does.

They do not make them for Royals yet. Im fine with the bevmax since the ones I have work well. As you mentioned though, the bevmax is a pain with certain types of bottles. We have had problems with the Powerade(squared) bottles slipping up from time to time. Also our Pepsi bottler in this area has pretty nasty bottles, this causes problems in GF vendors that do not have a pusher like the Royal does.

Our problem here is more of a height issue's. most of our Sports drinks here are 750ml (25oz) I think they are around 10&1/2inch tall & they only just manage to squeeze out in the Royal.

Coke have a 500ml (16.9oz) that they make for there DN machines here but they wont sell them to anyone else. Thats what sets the Royal apart here is that coke are our biggest competitor & they don't do 3rd party machines because they only fill there machines themselves. We have an advantage as we can offer 25oz drinks at around the same price as them sell a 16.9 for which is better value for our costumers.

Our problem here is more of a height issue's. most of our Sports drinks here are 750ml (25oz) I think they are around 10&1/2inch tall & they only just manage to squeeze out in the Royal.

Coke have a 500ml (16.9oz) that they make for there DN machines here but they wont sell them to anyone else. Thats what sets the Royal apart here is that coke are our biggest competitor & they don't do 3rd party machines because they only fill there machines themselves. We have an advantage as we can offer 25oz drinks at around the same price as them sell a 16.9 for which is better value for our costumers.

Either way you are setting yourself up for success with Royal glass fronts if you are dealing with those types of products. Coca Cola and Pepsi are a pain to work with here as well. Pepsi dosnt do any 3rd party at all and Coca Cola wont give me a glass front for any account, even one that I have that has 450 emp. Thats why I dont feel bad going up against coke on bids and destroying them. We have a bid out right now for an account that will add 28 drink machines to us. We currently have 19 machines at this account doing the snack, frozen, and coffee vendors.

Our bid is killer and the service we are already providing is top notch. I actually have been having to call in Coca Colas machines to the reps at that account because they cant seem to keep them working at all. Just yesterday I called in 3 and one was because they set it priced wrong($0.25 higher then other machines next to it) 3 months ago and never caught it.

Either way you are setting yourself up for success with Royal glass fronts if you are dealing with those types of products. Coca Cola and Pepsi are a pain to work with here as well. Pepsi dosnt do any 3rd party at all and Coca Cola wont give me a glass front for any account, even one that I have that has 450 emp. Thats why I dont feel bad going up against coke on bids and destroying them. We have a bid out right now for an account that will add 28 drink machines to us. We currently have 19 machines at this account doing the snack, frozen, and coffee vendors.

Our bid is killer and the service we are already providing is top notch. I actually have been having to call in Coca Colas machines to the reps at that account because they cant seem to keep them working at all. Just yesterday I called in 3 and one was because they set it priced wrong($0.25 higher then other machines next to it) 3 months ago and never caught it.

Sounds like something Coca Cola would do here.. I wonder how long it would of taken them to realize it if you hadn't told them!

Good luck on your bid.. I am sure you will win it!

What type of Coffee Machines do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Sounds like something Coca Cola would do here.. I wonder how long it would of taken them to realize it if you hadn't told them!

Good luck on your bid.. I am sure you will win it!

What type of Coffee Machines do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Caffoira AP and Cranes. I have a few older ones, but thats all on the vending side. We have a full fledge coffee service as well that has about 400 coffee machines on location at this time. We carry Grindmaster, Curtis, and Bloomfield. We are fazing out bloomfields because they are not made the way they use to. We stopped using grindmaster recently because they discontinued all there non-digital machines until further notice.

I dont know how much coffee service most people do on this site, but its a very large part of our business and extremely profitable. Now that its getting cold out we are averaging around 45 boxes a day/truck + tons of allied products! I had one driver do over $4000 in sales just on Monday, but that had a lot to do with Thanksgiving putting us a little behind.

Caffoira AP and Cranes. I have a few older ones, but thats all on the vending side. We have a full fledge coffee service as well that has about 400 coffee machines on location at this time. We carry Grindmaster, Curtis, and Bloomfield. We are fazing out bloomfields because they are not made the way they use to. We stopped using grindmaster recently because they discontinued all there non-digital machines until further notice.

I dont know how much coffee service most people do on this site, but its a very large part of our business and extremely profitable. Now that its getting cold out we are averaging around 45 boxes a day/truck + tons of allied products! I had one driver do over $4000 in sales just on Monday, but that had a lot to do with Thanksgiving putting us a little behind.

Coffee is the main part of our business but we only use automated machines. I have hardly ever seen a coffee brewer styled machine that are used in the USA here & had to Google Grindmaster & Bloomfield because I didn't know what they were.

We mainly use Necta (Fresh Bean) & Coffetek (Instant) equipment. Coffetek is a UK based company which manufacture machines for Crane,AP & USI.

People here prefer to have specialty drinks like Cappuccino,Mochacinno,Latte ect..

Machine are placed onsite "free on loan" or "rented" on contract for 36 months. Companies also have to buy products off us as part of there contract. We also supply machine maintenance & a cleaning service to companies who are fulling there own machines. There is no charge for the staff & the company get invoiced per cup or per box at the end of the month.

This is very big over here & there is alot of competition. The company I use to work for use to turnover between $600,00-$700,000 per month in coffee supply.

There biggest customer went thru $1,000,000 a year of coffee!

Is there a reason why not as many people do coffee vending in the states? I thought it may be because company don't pay for the products.

By law here companies have to supply free coffee,tea & milk to there staff but it may not be the same for you guys.

Coffee is the main part of our business but we only use automated machines. I have hardly ever seen a coffee brewer styled machine that are used in the USA here & had to Google Grindmaster & Bloomfield because I didn't know what they were.

We mainly use Necta (Fresh Bean) & Coffetek (Instant) equipment. Coffetek is a UK based company which manufacture machines for Crane,AP & USI.

People here prefer to have specialty drinks like Cappuccino,Mochacinno,Latte ect..

Machine are placed onsite "free on loan" or "rented" on contract for 36 months. Companies also have to buy products off us as part of there contract. We also supply machine maintenance & a cleaning service to companies who are fulling there own machines. There is no charge for the staff & the company get invoiced per cup or per box at the end of the month.

This is very big over here & there is alot of competition. The company I use to work for use to turnover between $600,00-$700,000 per month in coffee supply.

There biggest customer went thru $1,000,000 a year of coffee!

Is there a reason why not as many people do coffee vending in the states? I thought it may be because company don't pay for the products.

By law here companies have to supply free coffee,tea & milk to there staff but it may not be the same for you guys.

The companies dont pay for the products. I do have a hospital that is now supplying coffee through us in one location like this.The only reason for it is because of safety concerns since their candy strippers were in charge of coffee brewing. We only do about $600,000 a year in coffee as a whole, but it is still a big part of our business. In fact, I need to get out there and sell and put on another route this next year. My largest coffee account buys about $35,000/year, but this varies a lot for them from year to year.

There is definitely no law that requires anything like that. We really have to sell to some accounts to convince them of the benefit of using us as a supplier over nothing.

I am not sure what you mean by companies not paying for product? Is there a vend charge to the staff?

Some accounts have us set a coffee vendor and charge $0.75/cup and make us pay a commission to them, they will not supplement any of the coffee. I hate accounts like this because they are usually to small to make it work and they are just being cheap. Accounts like this are usually hard to work with on all levels of our business.

Some accounts have us set a coffee vendor and charge $0.75/cup and make us pay a commission to them, they will not supplement any of the coffee. I hate accounts like this because they are usually to small to make it work and they are just being cheap. Accounts like this are usually hard to work with on all levels of our business.

Small accounts can be a pain here also as they can be quite demanding!

We charge a rental of around $35/week to a small company for a Coffee Machine like a Colibri on a 36 month term. This is done thru a 3rd party finance company so we get paid the full amount of the contract before the machine is even installed. The best thing about this is that after the 36 month term we can refurb the machine & rent it out again. These small company don't do enough volume in product to make it worthwhile if we're not charging them a rental.

Small accounts can be a pain here also as they can be quite demanding!

We charge a rental of around $35/week to a small company for a Coffee Machine like a Colibri on a 36 month term. This is done thru a 3rd party finance company so we get paid the full amount of the contract before the machine is even installed. The best thing about this is that after the 36 month term we can refurb the machine & rent it out again. These small company don't do enough volume in product to make it worthwhile if we're not charging them a rental.

Agreed! We dont charge a rental on anything we do because its not something that people do in this area. We make a good amount on our coffee sales, usually we make $10/case and require 1 case per machine every 2 weeks. Some accounts do a lot more some less. I also use coffee as a commission payment for some accounts.

Agreed! We dont charge a rental on anything we do because its not something that people do in this area. We make a good amount on our coffee sales, usually we make $10/case and require 1 case per machine every 2 weeks. Some accounts do a lot more some less. I also use coffee as a commission payment for some accounts.

I have on occasion run into situations where the coffee service is charging a rental fee but only 5-10 per month, and its only the big boys here in town. Also have 2 accounts where I give free coffee instead of paying commission.

I would love to have a law where providing coffee and tea is required. ;D Unfortunately its just one of those things that some companies choose to do for their employees as a perk.

How much free coffee do you give out & how do you work out how much to give.

I have been thinking about doing something along these lines but was unsure of which way to go. I was thinking of giving them a rebate on there coffee invoice for every vend on the snack/drink machines.

The problem I have encountered with giving customers free product once I give one thing they want more & more...

I have on occasion run into situations where the coffee service is charging a rental fee but only 5-10 per month, and its only the big boys here in town. Also have 2 accounts where I give free coffee instead of paying commission.

I have been thinking about doing something along these lines but was unsure of which way to go. I was thinking of giving them a rebate on there coffee invoice for every vend on the snack/drink machines.

The problem I have encountered with giving customers free product once I give one thing they want more & more...

I have the same arrangement with both, I provide the brewer and pots and one case of coffee per week and they are responsible for their own cream, sugar and extra coffee. They can either buy it from me or get it on their own from Sam's Club , Costco or wherever. If they buy from me its at the regular prices that I charge.

If I were to pay commission it would be in the 80-100 a month range.

I have the same arrangement with both, I provide the brewer and pots and one case of coffee per week and they are responsible for their own cream, sugar and extra coffee. They can either buy it from me or get it on their own from Sam's Club , Costco or wherever. If they buy from me its at the regular prices that I charge.

How much does it cost you to give them 4 "free boxes" of coffee & do you find that they also buy there other product off you or do they go thru Sam's & Costco's?

How much does it cost you to give them 4 "free boxes" of coffee & do you find that they also buy there other product off you or do they go thru Sam's & Costco's?

Our cost for a box of Folgers is under $20 but we charge closer to $30. So by giving the account 2-4 boxes gives us the ability to show a commission of $60-$120, but costs us under $40-$80. Also we sell everything to our customers, here is a list of the items we carry

7 differnt types of coffee,Sugar & Cream, Flavored Liquids, Flavored Canisters,4 types of Cocoa, Stirs, 8 different types of teas, 6 differnt types of flavored teas, Cup of soups, Sweet n low, Splenda, Equal, and 5 differnt sizes of cups. We also do the Tassimo single cup system, but its kinda new for us and I dont have much sales data for this.

We started out as a coffee service over 35 years ago and because of that it is our main focus. We try to be a one stop shop for everyone and we do things taht other vendors are unwilling to do, such as clean machines regularly and swap out decanters every visit with clean ones.

Archived