What Brand Used Soda Machine is Newbie User Friendly?

bulkjake

I have been in bulk for a while now and decided I want to branch off into soda. I just landed a full line account with no commission and 20+ employees + foot traffic and I need to find a machine...fast. I am thinking I want to stick with cans however, would I be missing out with all the tall energy drinks out there? What products and what machine would you suggest?

Thanks!

I have been in bulk for a while now and decided I want to branch off into soda. I just landed a full line account with no commission and 20+ employees + foot traffic and I need to find a machine...fast. I am thinking I want to stick with cans however, would I be missing out with all the tall energy drinks out there? What products and what machine would you suggest?

Thanks!

You need to make sure that you get a multiprice machine, that will enable you to offer cans, bottles or both. Stay away from the refrigerator type machines, they are junk.

I agree with Cajun Candy. The Vendo 511 has been around for awhile so I'm not sure whats new about it, but it is a good solid machine that will give you product options. For now, I'd keep it simple with the ten most popular products. Remember that cans have a better shelf life than bottles. Here in California, nothing sells better than coke.

I often look at the newer glass front machines to see what they're vending and it's usually half full of Coke even though those machines have about 40 different selection options. Hey, are we running soda machines or boutiques?

i would do the vendo 511, I just started in the business about 4 months ago with one and i haven't really had any problems (besides a few user errors... lol) It is very easy to use and hardly ever gives me a problem.

I do it....in fact, I have two "Pepsi" branded machines next to each other. One is used for Pepsi product and the other one is used for Coke Products. I have only had one comment and that was from a Pepsi employee that thought his boss would get a kick out of it....so he took a picture of the machine.

Travis

Would it be strange to buy a machine with a decal of a soda bottle and sell cans out of it? Thanks for everyone's help.

No, not really. Would suggest though that you print up something to put either on the flavor labels or around the dollar and coin acceptance area. Something like "12oz. cans" just to clear up any confusion before they put their money in.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you're placing a machine in a public location. The 20 or so people that will use this machine will get the picture pretty quick. I make my own flavor labels that tend to solve this problem - except for the fact that they're so small you often can't see the difference between bottles and cans anyway. I've got a source that sells replacement fronts if you're really worried. I swapped fronts on a 511 before and its not too hard. Let me see if I can attach that link for you. http://www.nbsinc.net/

Looks like it worked

Well Vendos are good machines. But I would prefer A Dixie Narco machine. I find them easier to work on and parts are more abundant. Just my two cents. I would stay away from Royals and Cavaliers.

There is a local vending repair company who refurbishes machines. They gave me a price on a Vendo 511. $1,175.00 delivered with 90 day parts and labor warranty. Is that a good deal? It sounds like it rather than paying a company $100+ to move a machine after I buy it...

Well Vendos are good machines. But I would prefer A Dixie Narco machine. I find them easier to work on and parts are more abundant. Just my two cents. I would stay away from Royals and Cavaliers.

My experience with Royals is limited to the GIII and Merlins but I have found those particular models to be pretty much bullet proof.

• 1 month later...

I have to ask why not Royals? Thats all we use and we have hundreds of them! I use to be full time service technician, still do service a lot, and we have little to no issues with Royals. Also the setup on them is clearly better since them are shimless. What problems have you had with them in the past, maybe I could shed some light on why it was an issue?

We also have many Dixie Narco and Vendos, but to be honest Vendo has been a nightmare for us. The Vendo Vues were by far the worst machine I have ever worked on and will always put a bad taste in my mouth when talking about Vendo. In fact I had one machine that blew 3 boards and 2 hands in 6 months when they first came out. Vendo basically told me that they couldn't do anything for us and we later found that it was an issue with parts that they put in the machine incorrectly. It wasn't fun taking a $6500 machine off location because even the manufacture didnt know what was causing the same issues over and over.

In my opinion Dixies are just easier to set up. More abundant and easier to acquire parts. No chain drives and usually no drop vend sensor to go bad. A lot easier to empty if you have a problem. No depth setting through the board. Easier to program in original DN generic form.

I am talking about DN 368 and 501's. I stay away from the DN720P models. A lot of problems with drop vend sensors and losing pricing all the time. We have over around 900 drink machines out in our district. The bulk are DN's then Vendos with a few Royals. I know guys who love Royals and dislike Dixies. It probably just comes down to what you are used to. I am DN sold as others are Royal or Vendo enthusiast.

I abhor Any glass front "robot" style. I do not care who makes it Royal, Vendo or DN.

In my opinion Dixies are just easier to set up. More abundant and easier to acquire parts. No chain drives and usually no drop vend sensor to go bad. A lot easier to empty if you have a problem. No depth setting through the board. Easier to program in original DN generic form.

I am talking about DN 368 and 501's. I stay away from the DN720P models. A lot of problems with drop vend sensors and losing pricing all the time. We have over around 900 drink machines out in our district. The bulk are DN's then Vendos with a few Royals. I know guys who love Royals and dislike Dixies. It probably just comes down to what you are used to. I am DN sold as others are Royal or Vendo enthusiast.

I abhor Any glass front "robot" style. I do not care who makes it Royal, Vendo or DN.

I understand completely that people have preferences, I was just curious. I actually like the Royals because I feel they are faster to setup due to no shims. About 6 years ago when we converted a lot fo machines from cans to bottles it made a huge difference for us when we were doing it with Royals. Also vend sensors are the #1 reason why I like Royals. We have roughly 100 stack vendors on location that are Royals and in the past year I have only had one vend sensor go out; in the past 5 years I can probably only think of about 10 other times where it was the actual vend sensor and not just needing a recalibration. We have both Coca Cola and generics so I have gotten to deal with single motors as well as the drive chain. I like the drive chain a lot since I have had little to no problems with them.

As for the 501E's, that is all I have experience with on a wide scale and though they are good machines once setup, but I hate filling them. The lack of a shelf drives me crazy on both the older Dixie and Vendo models. Beyond that I feel like the Bevmax is a pretty good workhorse, even though we only have a few. As for Royal GF's we have tons of those and I have only had one break down in the past 2 years(beyond the normal coin or bill jam) and it was due to someone trying to break in through the delivery bin.

I have to ask why not Royals? Thats all we use and we have hundreds of them! I use to be full time service technician, still do service a lot, and we have little to no issues with Royals. Also the setup on them is clearly better since them are shimless. What problems have you had with them in the past, maybe I could shed some light on why it was an issue?

We also have many Dixie Narco and Vendos, but to be honest Vendo has been a nightmare for us. The Vendo Vues were by far the worst machine I have ever worked on and will always put a bad taste in my mouth when talking about Vendo. In fact I had one machine that blew 3 boards and 2 hands in 6 months when they first came out. Vendo basically told me that they couldn't do anything for us and we later found that it was an issue with parts that they put in the machine incorrectly. It wasn't fun taking a $6500 machine off location because even the manufacture didnt know what was causing the same issues over and over.

I agree with you on the Vendo Vue as the only ones I have seen on-site have all been "out of order" because of cup arm problems. I have not seen any here for awhile so this problem may have been fixed.

Do you also use the Royal Vision & do you experience any issues with them? We have a few & I love them as we have not had any problems.. "TOUCH WOOD" I wish I didn't say that as I will probably regret it!

I have nothing against the "new" DN BevMax4 & I also think it is a great machine but the Royal offers us a greater variety of product selections & greater flexibility of product sizes.

I agree with you on the Vendo Vue as the only ones I have seen on-site have all been "out of order" because of cup arm problems. I have not seen any here for awhile so this problem may have been fixed.

Do you also use the Royal Vision & do you experience any issues with them? We have a few & I love them as we have not had any problems.. "TOUCH WOOD" I wish I didn't say that as I will probably regret it!

I have nothing against the "new" DN BevMax4 & I also think it is a great machine but the Royal offers us a greater variety of product selections & greater flexibility of product sizes.

I love the royal visions as well! They are by far the best glass front I have ever used, but I did have one break recently. The delivery doors tab broke off and I had to fashion one out of metal for temporary usage until I got the part in. We carry a lot of parts but I didnt expect that to break. I attached a picture of what I did so you can see. I tried using a high strength epoxy at first but didnt end up having time for it to dry so I drilled a small hole and added a rivet to keep everything in place.

post-6323-0-88284300-1354746492_thumb.jpg

post-6323-0-84908800-1354746506_thumb.jpg

Archived