will too cold temp cause cans to jam (DN stack vendor)

dogcow

I have a dn501T mpc and cans are jamming in it all the time, the odd thing, it never used to do this, it feels like the unit gets much colder than it used to ,i am wondering if its causing expansion in the bottom cans and causing jams. at first i thought one col was messed up but the other cols are getting jams too. anyone experienced this? motors and switches seem OK one jam is cleared it continues to work for a few days then jams again

I have had cans freeze and expand the top or bottom of the can and jam. But if it is getting that cold I would have to believe that your compressor is not kicking off ever. I would set it way back and use the toilet paper trick on the heat exchanger to see if it kicks off and warms up some

Yep Dogcow,

I've had cans freeze before - that jams everything up pretty good. In my case I had just had a refurbished machine moved in directly from the refurbisher and the guy had the temp. turned all the way down. You might of accidently jostled your control or maybe your thermostat's shot.

These aren't Monster cans are they? That might be a completely different problem (not enough chicken or something)

Archived