Actually thinking of buying manual snack machine

JCS Vending

I have a small account, a Town Hall with 20 employees. They get court 2 nights/week of 100-200 people. They have a pop machine in place right now that is doing only about $80/month. They've asked me for a snack machine.

After crunching numbers it's just not beneficial to put a full sized snack machine in there with only 5-10% of people buying from their existing pepsi machine. I think I've decided to actually buy one of those small/manual Candy Machines pictured below.

My questions are this:

What are the CONS to this machine?

Has anyone here used one and been happy with it?

Where to I purchase one of those attached change machines so customers can use dollar bills with it? What is the change machine called?

Where do I purchase the stand for it?

I normally wouldn't buy one of these but I don't want to lose out on the sales i could get from this location. It's too small for a big machine but I don't want to lose out all together.

Thank you for your input,

post-4635-0-80402600-1351767281_thumb.jpg

They've already said no to the honor box for public use, I tried.

You wouldn't want a honor box in this situation, you'd get wiped out. You can get a bill changer, if you go this route then drill a few holes and bolt it to the drink machine.

Another option would be to get a 5 or 6 tube coin mech in the drink machine and let them use the drink machine as a changer, a small sign would help.

The biggest draw back to the manual machines is that you will enounter coins jamming in the mechanism. A strong person might be able to break the mechanism so be sure to keep a coulpe of extras around and know where to buy more.

Thanks so much everyone. I ended up putting a U-turn in there for the time being. 4 big canisters of bulk candy should get them by for a while. I found a local person with like new mechanical machines like what I posted above for $75 each. We may just try it, she has more if I need them.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Archived