Snack machine at all you can eat Buffet ?

HI All,

I know this may be a crazy idea but, the other day when I was emptying a few bulk machines at a family restaurant I service (and believe or not restaurants for me have proven to be good places to place bulk machines)...I got to thinking about asking to place a full sized snack machine at a local all you can eat Chinese buffet (it is a really big and busy....AND the have a full compliment of bulk machines (candy, gum, stickers, toys, cranes etc....) that seem to do pretty well (I eat there a fair amount).

Anyways, one day, I was lucky enough to be there when the machines were being serviced at the buffet....I watched in awe at all the quarters being pulled out....I made small talk w/ the man servicing the machines (a helper of the owner) and learned that the typical haul was many hundreds of dollars per month.

While it appears they have the bulk 25 cent market cornered (and under contract) , I was wondering if anybody out there had any experience with a snack machine at a restaurant or buffet type restaurant?

I was thinking of talking to the owner of the Chinese restaurant and telling him that the snack machine could end up SAVING his restaurant money....I mean if kids (and even adults) are eating cheap snacks they won't be eating as much food at the all you can eat buffet! ( I planned on using that angle as a reason for NOT having to pay a commission to the site....Heck, maybe I should ask for the restaurant to subsidize my being there and pay ME a commission for helping them!...OK I may not go that far.....ha!

Anyways, the restaurant is also close to a number of hotels as well so my other hope is that many of the customers (if they are patrons of the hotels and just passing through), may get a to go snack on their way out so they have something to snack on later that night (of course the hotel probably has snacks too but maybe they'll get it at the restaurant and not bother hunting down the hotel snack machine which probably costs more anyways.

Another idea was to also add more expensive toys (small stuffed animals?? etc) the snack machine as well.

So, has anybody out there tried doing this before?...If so what were your results?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Forget all that. Buy a coin pusher from ronsidney on this forum put it there. My buffets do 300-500 a month on the pusher. Also ucan put a crane game they won't do as well but maybe 250 per month. If u want a used one I have one coming off route soon id sell for 1200

HI,

Thanks for the idea of a pusher...I'll have to check into the legality of that in my area (I have not seen one locally, although I did see one in a VA truck stop).....I do believe they can make mad money but I 'd hate to buy one then have it shut down (or worse confiscated / jail etc).

As far as the crane, I couldn't do it at that buffet since it is all under contract BUT I will definitely think about that one.

Thanks for the suggestions....always have to keep eyes out for other opportunities!

Andrew

Archived