Automatic Products 320 compressor

pat31850

Last time I needed one the part was over 600.00 and over 900.00 in the refer unit by the time we got it cooling.

That was about 2 years ago. We did not have a problem getting a compressor at that time.

Walta

Trying to find the compressor for the 320.

it is a Copeland and two of the models have been discontinued.. Any help is

appreciated,

What is wrong with the unit? I know you can get the fans and health sensors still, and the compressors are pretty easy to come by. The last time I had one go out we were so short handed that I had a local refrigeration guy work on it for me and it was around $900 to get the compressor and lines replaced. That was a complete overhaul.

What is wrong with the unit? I know you can get the fans and health sensors still, and the compressors are pretty easy to come by. The last time I had one go out we were so short handed that I had a local refrigeration guy work on it for me and it was around $900 to get the compressor and lines replaced. That was a complete overhaul.

The fans will be a lot cheaper at WWGrainger if that's what you need. http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml

The fans will be a lot cheaper at WWGrainger if that's what you need. http://www.grainger....wwg/start.shtml

Agreed, there are a lot of outlets for these kinds of fans. Though I would be careful with the 320's because they are a pain to take a part due to the shear size of the compressor unit(80 pounds Im guessing) and very awkward to grab. I got a temperature alert on a machine at a hospital at around 1 a.m. recently and I had to go save the machine. I pulled the product first and then went back to pull the unit and it ended up being a fan. I would gladly spend an extra 10-20 bucks on a manufacture part in this instance if it meant not taking that thing apart multiple times. We did have the part in stock though and the replacement for the part room was fairly cheap from vendors exchange.

I have 2 of thes pain in the butt machines....and HATE them. The cooling decks are just a god-awful design!

Both of my units kept freezing up on me. Did the refrid upgrade kits on both....at $450 each. that fixed one, the other one, I had to have it completely rebuilt which was another $700. I wish I never would have started with Frozen food machines :)

Travis

Freezing up? I have had issues with the drain tube getting clogged on these and causing problems. You might start there and make sure the metal line coming from the heating element goes down the tube. Also remove the float ball, all it does is gum up and cause problems.

I'd that didn't worth replace the fan. Even if its ruining, it may not be moving at the right speed. I'm also assuming you already tested the hearing element to make sure it works. If that didn't work, kill the power on the machine and then check the time on the board. It may be going into defrost immediately and causing problems. If time is 00:00:00 then that's the problem and you have a bad backup battery. I believe its the same battery as a 112, so easy to come by.

I keep ours at -10 but have had issues with one that is close to a heater vent on the ground. With all these problems, this is why i like fastcorp. They are good machines once you learn to use them correctly, just a little limited on product selection.

Still looking for the copeland numbers on the pump case.

i saw a post about freezing the drain. The not so easy fix on that is open the case over the evap and lift the coil up so you can get to the heating element. remove what wire there and take a long piece of #12 solid copper and loop over the element, Then solder a small # 18 wire to the copper and fish it through the drain and pull the 12 through. Lower the evap and screw down and snug up the wire and cut off the excess,

Have done it this way on about 10-15 units over the last few years. I only rebuild the refriferation units and know little about the cabinets.

I saw where someone paid $900 to replace a pump- I have never charged more than $600 at the high side,

The pumps are being discontinued faster than I can find the replacements.There are still some of the models that have been discontinued but I am not paying someone as if its gold plated. I can order a Copeland from the Copeland dealer if I can find the most recent pump number on the sticker on the can.

I have a couple refurbished spare decks that are the complete unit, sealed and ready for installation. They are $700 each, but they are freshly charged, and in good condition. Bought these a long time ago, and have never been able to get more since then. I know you can buy the actual compressor for about $650. :( Just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to try the whole deck.

Thanks for the information.I did finally get the pump information and ordered one Monday. It arrived this afternoon. It was only $365 plus shipping. I have two clients that have AP320 machines and I will tell them about your units for sale. They dont have backups that I know of so they may be interested.

What part of the country are you in incase they ask?

Thanks for the information.I did finally get the pump information and ordered one Monday. It arrived this afternoon. It was only $365 plus shipping. I have two clients that have AP320 machines and I will tell them about your units for sale. They dont have backups that I know of so they may be interested.

What part of the country are you in incase they ask?

He is in Colorado. Just a short UPS shipment to anywhere in the country. ;D

Archived