Locating Full Line Machines: Scripts, rebuttals, tips

So I've been trying to locate the Four Snack/Soda vending machines I purchased about 6 months with zero luck still! I was reading a previous thread such as the one I'm posting but the thread was focused more towards bulk vending which, because of the very little amount of space needed for those machines along with the locations desired for machines such as those is different, I was hoping I could get some feed back for myself and others starting off in this business on certain script possibilities and how to better persuade and find good locations for Full Line vending machines!

If they already have vending machines make sure you ask if they r happy w their service and if they are receiving comission. Also ask if their machines are good and don't get jammed a lot etc. It's a lot harder than bulk as I usually get 1/6-10 locations asked and soda/snack like 1 of 30-100 places and get a bunch of maybes etc. I hope u got those at a good deal if not you will need an excellent location. If you give up try a locator

So I've been trying to locate the Four Snack/Soda vending machines I purchased about 6 months with zero luck still! I was reading a previous thread such as the one I'm posting but the thread was focused more towards bulk vending which, because of the very little amount of space needed for those machines along with the locations desired for machines such as those is different, I was hoping I could get some feed back for myself and others starting off in this business on certain script possibilities and how to better persuade and find good locations for Full Line vending machines!

Hi Garrett,

What pitch are you using at the moment.. I am not much of a salesman myself but if you can post a script of your pitch that you are giving to your potential customers we may be able to see where you are going wrong.

I see that 3 of the machine's are RS900 Combo's which I think you may have probably already read about on here so I wont go into that. What I will say is try to use the same BS that 1800Vending use to sell machine's to people that are trying to get into Vending.

If you go to there website & use there "5 Superior Technologies" & "Compare 3 Kinds" points these may help in your pitch.

I only have 9 soda/snack machines along with about 80 bulk...soda/snack are much harder to locate as a rule. Use relationships you have to get your first few. I got my first six locations at places I had relationships with. My first 3 were in locations that were all owned by the same individual who happened to be a family friend. My next came at the place I get my oil changed, I was in there one day noticed they did not have a machine, asked if they wanted one... after two follow ups they said yes. Even though I don't really know them they knew I got my oil changed there and that got my foot in the door. Two more came my way because people knew I did soda machines and they asked the owners if they could have machines in those places. I only got one location on a cold call, I saw a new business being built. I stopped in and asked for the owner. 4 weeks later I actually got to talk to him, Two weeks after that I saw him at a community event, made small talk, 3 weeks later I ran into him in a local restaurant, I said hi then piked up his bill on my way out. The next Monday his secretary called and told me to bring a soda and snack machine. I offered to give him a commission he would not take it. It takes lots of follow up, persistence, and a little bit of skill and luck to land these. The good news is the turn over is low, once your in so long as you take care of things they stay with you forever.

I have not had any luck at all with locators... but I would try that before you totally give up. Build relationships with people that's the key. Buy them lunch too (LOL)!

@Kiwi I dont have a script right now which, from reading a lot of threads, is a big downfall for me. the problem i'm having in writing a script is that i'm not exactly sure on how to re word it depending on the different locations desired. (i.e. a school vs. a corporate office vs. government offices vs. small business) because I'm assuming you would have to change your approach and at least the beginning of your scripts quite drastically between the different types of locations right? Because say like good year tire center, I know that to get any type of vending machine in one of their locations you have to call and discuss it with the corporate office and find the department to discuss it with. So to conclude where i was going with this paragraph LOL im not sure exactly where to even begin as far as starting to write a script goes!

@pp4721 Oil change center and tire centers are locations i've been really interested in, but almost ALL the places around my area are corporately owned Valvoline oil change centers, jiffy lube, good years, etc. so there always ends up being no one i can speak to in person! :(

Archived