Started cold calling for locations today

raquel

I have six machines sitting in my living room and decided that I put off trying to locate on my own long enough. I have a goal of reaching 10 places every day until I place all the machines. Out of 15 calls today, 3 numbers were out of service, 1 hung up on me, and 1 told me not to call back. For the remaining 10, I got owner names for 6 of them, and the rest I left messages on their machines. The employees were nice enough to let me know the best time to reach the owners. So now I'm motivated. I was nervous at first but now it seems pretty easy. Especially since realizing the worst that can happen is being hungup on or told not to call back. ;)

By the way, Yelp is great for locating businesses.

I have six machines sitting in my living room and decided that I put off trying to locate on my own long enough. I have a goal of reaching 10 places every day until I place all the machines. Out of 15 calls today, 3 numbers were out of service, 1 hung up on me, and 1 told me not to call back. For the remaining 10, I got owner names for 6 of them, and the rest I left messages on their machines. The employees were nice enough to let me know the best time to reach the owners. So now I'm motivated. I was nervous at first but now it seems pretty easy. Especially since realizing the worst that can happen is being hungup on or told not to call back. ;)

By the way, Yelp is great for locating businesses.

That's a pretty good start, especially calling on on Christmas Eve.

I used to cold call on Wall Street selling foreign currency trading accounts. We used to make 200-300 'dials' per day. About 50 people would answer the phone. About 20 would listen for more than a minute. 5-10 would let you get through your entire pitch. 5 would be serious calls with a discussion and 1 would say yes if you were a good salesperson. My numbers going door to door pitching my vending services is much better than that. Yet I had to knock on at least 500 doors to place my first 35 machines. It is all a numbers game. Do the calls, make the pitches and you will eventually get the sales. Best of luck to you! And it gets easier the more that you do it!

I used to cold call on Wall Street selling foreign currency trading accounts. We used to make 200-300 'dials' per day. About 50 people would answer the phone. About 20 would listen for more than a minute. 5-10 would let you get through your entire pitch. 5 would be serious calls with a discussion and 1 would say yes if you were a good salesperson. My numbers going door to door pitching my vending services is much better than that. Yet I had to knock on at least 500 doors to place my first 35 machines. It is all a numbers game. Do the calls, make the pitches and you will eventually get the sales. Best of luck to you! And it gets easier the more that you do it!

Amen!!

Archived