What would this error code be on a DN?

ki4fkw

This is an excerpt from a machine for sale online . . . the machine is a Dixie Narco 276E.

For sale is a used Pepsi Vending Machine. This is a good looking machine and was our best machine. Machine has 7 selections with a bill validator. This machine has always worked great. I moved it recently to a different location and it started giving me an error message. I don't know what is wrong with it. The price has reset itself to 99.95. When I press the blue button inside to go to the menu options it says "Homing" and flashes this for a minute or so and then gives a 55-3 error. I have taken pictures of these errors. Please look at pics. I don't know enough about these machines to know what is wrong. We are getting out of the vending business and have sold most of the machines already. I have 2 other drink machines left and 1 Snack Shop machine that I have listed here on eBay. Machine is pick-up only. Please feel free to ask questions.

The homing is usually normal but you should be able to call Dixie Narco and ask them about the error code. However, I will warn you about something. A DN 276-E is a nice-modern machine. If that machine has Pepsi logos all around it, it is probably property of Pepsi and I would think twice before purchasing it. I am not the pepsi-police but I wouldn't want Pepsi coming to snag the equipment that I paid for!

The price resets to $99.95 on Pepsi machines when the battery on the board dies. Most likely your problem can be fixed by replacing the battery on the board. Take off the metal cover, find the battery and replace it. Then you should be able to 'reset' the machine.

The homing is usually normal but you should be able to call Dixie Narco and ask them about the error code. However, I will warn you about something. A DN 276-E is a nice-modern machine. If that machine has Pepsi logos all around it, it is probably property of Pepsi and I would think twice before purchasing it. I am not the pepsi-police but I wouldn't want Pepsi coming to snag the equipment that I paid for!

Good call. I didn't even think about the graphics with its age.

Archived