Agreement/contract with manager for protecting me

I just got a new location and he wants me to make something about saying if the place catches on fire or anything happens from my machine so that they can't sue me (basically for my own good) any ideas? Only have 2 locations with 5 machines so far with no contracts. But have 3 there and want to start off on a good note.

I just got a new location and he wants me to make something about saying if the place catches on fire or anything happens from my machine so that they can't sue me (basically for my own good) any ideas? Only have 2 locations with 5 machines so far with no contracts. But have 3 there and want to start off on a good note.

A basic liability policy should do the trick. I get my coverage through Farmers - about $300 per year. Have them issue an "Also Insured Statement" naming your location. That should satisfy your customer.

Any pro vendor will carry a liability policy, not to do so makes you kind of "fly by night" in the eyes of many potential locations. It also covers your butt.

Okay thanks guys! I'm still in the process of making everything legitimate and plan on getting insurance as soon as i can. Didn't know if there was anything i could do in the mean time. I'm gonna try out what indianavending said and then will look around for insurance and probably go with farmers as well. Appreciate the responses as always!

I thought the location specifically requested a contract; I assumed you already had insurance. Like others have already said, this is generally a good idea, the insurance policy minimizes the overall liability you have to carry as a small business owner.

I have a general liability policy through Geico that costs around $250/year, which includes a package discount having my personal and work vehicles also insured with them.

More info:

http://www.geico.com/getaquote/business/general-liability-insurance/

Archived