Jay-Son Vending LLC

Jay-Son Vending

Good Day all,

I have been in this business (with machines on the street) since April first.

I currently own 16 8-Select Eliminators...15 on the Street 1 in the living room and 1 Eliminator plusn three 4 select on the way from e-bay.

In late March/Early April I had a locator in town to place these machines...well locate he did and then he left...By late April I had moved 9 out of the 16..I moved one to the garage. 

With the 15 on the Street in April:

We averaged $16.75 per machine....

In May:

We averaged $39.80 per machine

I will post June soon..I expect these to be better yet as I moved two other machines into a local sports bar chain(2 locations..with one being added in July/August)

Of the 4 new machines coming in...I have two of them with locations...:D

• 2 weeks later...

It is the end of JUNE..and it is Quarter Time Again.....

I Collected from 15 machines over the last two day's....

The Best :           A Sports Bar:                                     $ 95.50

Second Best:     "The Chicken Joint(Restraunt)      $ 85.75

The Worst:    A small Mexican grocery:                      $   8.30

15 Machines.....$613.80 Total ..... Avg:   $40.92.....

The Summer slow down has hit my bars... 

These are(were) all Charity placements....My 2nd best machine...Did the shakedown today...He wants a commission OR take the machine out...  He told me he wants 1/3 of the gross...

That was the only downer today...

It is the end of JUNE..and it is Quarter Time Again.....

15 Machines.....$613.80 Total ..... Avg:   $40.92.....

If I'm not mistaken, you have 8-select u-turns, right?  If so, that would be about $5.11 per head.  What was your product costs for the month?

Darryl,

Yes I do have 8-selects...But as you may be aware..not all items sell and some items sell better than others...The Bar units are selling almost everything I put in them(selections) so it would be difficult to change to a smaller machine...Other locations..the machine is the wrong size for the space so I will over the next few months change these out for 4-select.

As for product cost...for the month it would only be the usage..so..I run about 8-9 cents per vend the profit is still good...

That said...I am still working down the original setup for these machines which was a good $$ as they all had to be filled to be put out.   I figured this into my original projections so that it will take me about another year to completely pay off the machines and the initial investment for the candy and the locators...

Still not bad...imo

T-Bird,

Yeah...I do not want to lose the location...This month it rolled $85.00...I do not want  to work off the gross I would prefer to work off the net...I have told him that I am at about 1/3rd for the product...That would leave me 2/3...I am thinking of offering him 1/3  of the net...

What do you think

Jay-Son Vending wrote:

T-Bird,

Yeah...I do not want to lose the location...This month it rolled $85.00...I do not want  to work off the gross I would prefer to work off the net...I have told him that I am at about 1/3rd for the product...That would leave me 2/3...I am thinking of offering him 1/3  of the net...

What do you think

you can try, but you probably have to give up the third of the gross. your not talking about much difference in the amount of commission.

besides a location netting you $28 a month is still better than a $5 location.

if you are giving him commission make sure that he doesnt allow any other charity machines to stay in the location.

good luck

• 5 weeks later...

OK July is off and Running.....

I had to collect from two locations a week early as ....ONE WAS OUT OF CANDY....:shock:...those silly PMM's and Pistachio's

These two:

A restaurant:                           $56.00   for three weeks

A Rental store(tools, etc)     $ 29.00   for three weeks

I will Collect next week for my July totals.

• 5 weeks later...

Happy Labor Day Weekend,

August has been a wonderful month...I have now collected from 17 of my 22 locations. 

My average as of now is 42 per location with my best being 2 sports bars and one new manufacturing plant... 96.75 / 91.50 and 95.25 respectively..

and my worst is 10.75..I pulled this machine yesterday..not worth the time to collect...1 .5 vends per day..whoo hoo...:X

If the last 5 provide the same as last month my $40 average will be intact.:dude:

and my worst is 10.75..I pulled this machine yesterday..not worth the time to collect...1 .5 vends per day..whoo hoo...:X

Jay, rather than picking up your machine and walking away, think about downgrading to a single or a double and servicing on a 60-90 day cycle.

Tstrong,

Tried that..it was a small mexican grocery, I offred a two head but she said no..That is okay..I already found plastic quarters here once and for 10-15 $$ I am getting more locations from midwest, and this will save me from buying a machine..I have a ferw duds that I am upgrading...I wil put the NW 60's in when I can.

Thanks for that

• 1 month later...

September was another good month for Jay-Son Vending....

We have added machines this month...now a total of 27 on location

lost ...one of my bars closed...at least it was not one of my "Gravy Lounges"

Gravy Lounges:  $137.25...$105.00....

Not so wonderful: $6.25...12.75..18.50...

But the Average with 16 out of 27 machines pulled:   $42.50

Gotta Love it..

• 2 weeks later...