Conversion kits?

Jray

I have a AP snackshop 520. It has a 9 pin 24v coinco changer. I have been reading about mdb conversion kits. Any suggestions? I just bought e machine it worked for about 4 hours and now the changer won't count the change or except quarters. Any help would be appreciated

We have a product which would meet your needs. The MDBPro is designed to make conversions and new concept development much easier by managing all MDB devices, cash or credit acceptance and change management. It can function as a simple controller with pulse outputs or provide detailed information and diagnostics over serial to a more sophisticated controller like a PLC or PC.

http://home.datawrx.com/

We can help develop solutions for any vending needs.

MDBPRO.2.2.pdf

That machine has no logic board controlling the machine and is too old for any conversion kit that will allow MDB. You need a machine with a micromech interface at the very least, meaning it has to already have a control board. Micromech is any 110V or 24V logic level changer such as Mars 6000/6010XV, Coinco 9300L/9302LF. You can then put a MDB converter on it that will take the MDB credit, convert it to 4 pulses per dollar and then send it to the logic board as a micromech input.

Jray, I looked up the AP Snackshop 520 and though I have no expertise in these machines I have team here that can solve any vending problem and provide a solution in a very short time.

Considering the price for purchasing one of these machines the MDBPro would probably not make economical sense .

Where the MDBPro does make a lot of sense is when you are developing a new vending concept or need to upgrade a vendor and must have features like multivend, credit card acceptance and the ability to make change for large bills.

I only gave 200.00 for the machine. It worked prefect for about 6 hours them the charger coinco quit taking quarters then quit counting them. I am thinking its just a charger problem, but all the research I've done that changer is hard to come by. I thought trying to update the machine made more sense. Any advice?

I only gave 200.00 for the machine. It worked prefect for about 6 hours them the charger coinco quit taking quarters then quit counting them. I am thinking its just a charger problem, but all the research I've done that changer is hard to come by. I thought trying to update the machine made more sense. Any advice?

Coin changers will not accept coins if the blocker is ON disabling acceptance. Is this a 110V coin changer? I have a bunch of old MEI TRC6000 coin changers on Ebay for $15 if that'll work?

jray, I thought about this again and I think your machine uses metal 24v motors. Is a light lit for "out of service"? This situation can be a shelf not seated properly. Check all shelves for loose or missing/broken rollers. If this isn't the case and you can verify that your motors are metal then here is your service school: The 24v circuit is provided by price lines in the coin mech. The 24v then runs to the top left motor, across the top shelf then down to the left motor on 2nd shelf, etc. until ending at the bottom right motor. This series of machines (AP425,430,435) is notorious for failed motor cycle switches. Start at the bottom right motor and turn the spiral clockwise about 20 degrees to see if the motor begins to turn on its own. If it doesn't go to the righthand motor on the shelf above and try to start that motor. Repeat shelf by shelf until one motor starts. If you get to the top shelf and the rh motor doesn't run then work your way to the left. When you find a rh motor that runs then go to the shelf below and try to start motors working to the left. As you can see you are always working the opposite way the voltage flows to try to isolate the open circuit. When you find the spot where one upstream motor runs and the next downstream motor won't you have isolated the problem. The fix is to replace the motor switch on the last good motor and on the first bad motor. You change both switches because either can be the weak point. Now if shelves are okay and it's still out of order you could have bad relay box or, most likely lost the price memory in the coin mech. I'll need more info in that case so let me know if it works.

Archived