New location strategy

bhumphrey829

Just to let everyone know, I am very uncomfortable with locating machines myself, however, it just doesn't make sense to pay someone when I can use the money I would pay a locator and buy more machines. I hate (as I'm sure most people on here do) rejection. However, I have a new strategy that works pretty well for me. Some people may think this is coming off as having a negative attitude, but I really have a positive attitude. However, when I woke up this morning, I decided that I wasn't coming home until I was told "no" 20 times. I've went out before without any kind of game plan and just tried to locate and would come home, frustrated after 3 or 4 "no's" in a row. When I went out with a specific number in mind, it was so much esier knowing I wouldn't quit til I got that number of "no's". Long story short, I got my 20 "no's" but in the process, placed 1 honor box and machines. So to me it was a quality day of work.

That's the attitude you need to succeed! Every time you try to locate you get a little more comfortable doing it. The rejections are hard to take at first but you just have to let them roll off you. Good job!

Remember everytime you get a rejection your one step closer to a yes!. To be a success in this industry you need to learn to locate yourself, if you cannot learn to locate then you should try another industry, harsh maybe but true!.

I used an in-person locator once, a good one. He told me his goal was to go to 60 business in a day of locating. In all the years he did locating he said he could count on one hand the days he got no locations doing that.

The way you are doing it is good. I would consider an increase every week and at some point you should be hitting a high number increasing your placements.

Archived