I need help with my mars bill acceptor

I have a dixie narco 368 with a Mars Model VFM3-L1-U2CS bill acceptor that will not take bills. Can anyone help me find a refurbished model that will work in my machine or maybe help me with cleaning it? I don't even know what voltage it is, it does not seem to say.

Thank you all so much.

William

Kennedy,

Your Mars VFM3 is 110V in a single price DN368. These are very old technology and are truly not worth putting any money into repairing as the factory has fewer and fewer parts available for the VFM series. You are better off upgrading the validator to a Coinco BA30B/Mag30B or a Mars VN2501/2511. These are much later technology, of plastic construction for water and salt survival, and both the newer Coincos and Mars allow the validator to be disassembled to access the entire bill path so you can extract a stuck bill. If you use a Mars VN 2501 or 2511, you can use the existing validator harness. If you use a Coinco BA30 or BA50 you will also need a harness to connect it to the coin mech. I have these parts in stock if you have need for them. I always have the Coinco in stock as they are more common and I keep the harness for it as well.

Let me know if you'd like further information.

Archived