First placement

candygirl

Woohoo!

Placed my first machine today-- a single Round Beaver with gumballs-- in a family restaurant.

My husband, mother-in-law and I go there for breakfast every Sunday morning and the owner is always there, a very nice guy who chats with all the customers. My machine is right by the door and cash register.

My charity is the local Humane Society. The executive director actually said she would be honored to have my business donate to them. They have a local graphic artist who does work for them, and she is going to design labels for me to put in my machines. That's what I call support! I'll be donating 10% of my gross to them.

When I brought my machine into the restaurant, one of the waitresses said, "Great! I'll be using this all the time." i went out to the parking lot to get a business card for the owner and when I came back she had already bought a gumball.

I'm in business!

You can't velieve how excited I am

Barb

You can't velieve how excited I am

Oh yes I can. And the best part is that you will get that same feeling with every new placement. I still get giddy when I get a new location.

Congrats to you and keep us posted on your progress.

Steve

Congrats!  I've been back in for a few months now, I still shake and sweat like I'm on a first date when I drop off a new machine.  Wait till you go to service the machine and there is a pile of quarters there!

I have to ask why did you decide on gumballs?  I lately have been having an issue with gumballs.  Evertime I drop a machine with gumballs in it off, there seems to be a dislike by the retailer. 

I learn something new almost everyday in this business, this week it was don't keep the restock candy supply where it's easy to get to.  I gained 5lbs since being in the business!

I still shake and sweat like I'm on a first date when I drop off a new machine.

LOL! I thought I was the only one. The whole thing was so intense for me I wanted to take a nap after the placement!

I chose gumballs after reading many suggestions to try them first, for the profit margin. At least one vendor here does them exclusively (DLPerry). Another vendor recently said don't rule out adults. He had a multi-head machine at an airport and the gumballs were the first thing the passengers went for.

Both the owner and one of the waitresses (not the one who bought the first gumball) thought it would be a good idea for the kids.

Also, it's been unusually warm in my town, and I thought gumballs would do better, being near the door.

I'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, I'll try PMM.

I know what you mean about the candy supply. My husband already busted into one of the PMM bags when he thought I was dozing on the couch. He'll buy me a fresh bag for the next placement.

Barb

If you have a real nice new one or maybe a double/triple I would go to the shelter with it. You can tell them you have placed one machine already and have a special one to place in the lobby. Mention that this one will help draw attention to your partnership with them and generate revenue right on the spot. Some of the girls at my shelter are my best customers. You might be able to work your route so you end up there last and can donate their cut right then, that's what I do. Now get back over there and place one.