what are these two machines worth

Tbuford

Today I made a deal for a Superstar American Idol by TEK games and a Smart toychest. The claw doesn't close on the crane. A few weeks ago I stopped at a new / reopened Mexican restaurant and tried to place machines. No luck. They are trying to go upscale. Anyway they had these two machines in the back. They came with the purchase of the restaurant. I offered 600 for both. Didn't accept my offer so I stopped back by today and offered 1000 for both and they accepted. Both machines are in excellent condition with bill accaptors and the American Idol is $1 per play. Lost of flashing lights and it looks cool. Did I do good on the deal? What is wrong with the crane that the claw won't close? Only time I had this problem before it was the claw coil. Is this probably the problem? I gotta go back and pick the machines up in a couple weeks. I think I will order a claw coil now.Anyone have one of these American Idol by TEK games and what you think of it?

first of all i bet those machines belong to another vendor... if they came "with purchase" of the store..

second..there is a fuse on that feiloli board right below the relays that when it blows it will cause the claw not to close.. now normally there is a spare fuse in back of machine where power cord attaches to machine,,just pull that tab out with some needle nose in back ,its a fuse panel like tab, the spare fuse is inside it ..

the american idol is a dated machine and they are always going in the auctions for about 7-800 each,, so you got a good deal,,new it was like 5K

ron

Well, the guy I'm buying them from has all the keys to them and I saw no tag or card or anything identifying them as belonging to him or anyone else, so if they do belong to someone else they have another 2.5-3 weeks to get them before I go pick them up. I hope they are not someone elses. I feel pretty confident that they are not since the guy has the keys.

Thanks

if the fuse is blown its prob the coil going bad drawing too many amps or a short in the coil wire

Yea it could be however I have had to replace plenty of claw fuses and there have been no continuing problems, just a fluke sometimes I think on the smarts or feiloli, but if its a coil as soon as you replace the fuse it will blow, if it doesn't well then its just a fluke.

Archived