Help! Coffee Inns Bill Changer Issues...

GagesVending

I placed my Coffee Inns model 222, I believe about 2 weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble. I get a call about twice a week: "Gage, your change machine is broken."

One time it must have been a quirk, apparently it made a clunk sound and didn't dispense, but kept the dollar. Serviced it and worked fine again.

Another time it had a bill sticking out of the interior end of the acceptor. I pulled it free and it worked again.

I got another call this morning, and haven't gotten there to fix it yet, so I'm not sure what it's issue is, but it's become a huge pain!

There doesn't appear to be any major issues, it just isn't reliable at all! Suggestions on what I should do? I won't spend hundreds of dollars on a new one, so should I just pull it?

if its causing issues and bad-will with the location, yes pull it. i dont like the desgin of these

machines it is not a reliable design. it uses a solonoid instead of a hopper if the coin tubes

arent all filled even it can dispense incorrect change,a lso the low change lever is touchy

and can get stuck depending how it gets stuck either u will get low-change mode enabled

even tho the coin tubes are full, or you will get empty tubes but the machine is still trying to dispense

change. these just arent great machines my opinion replace it with a different unit or

just pull it all together. also the validators have problems (stackerless) they are prone to getting

bills stuck out of the back of it, which will cause the next bill not to be accepted. at least

this is the case on the older ICT bl-700 units , MARS made a nice stackerless val but good

luck finding one they are not common on the used market. idont think they are even still

in production.

if its causing issues and bad-will with the location, yes pull it. i dont like the desgin of these

machines it is not a reliable design. it uses a solonoid instead of a hopper if the coin tubes

arent all filled even it can dispense incorrect change,a lso the low change lever is touchy

and can get stuck depending how it gets stuck either u will get low-change mode enabled

even tho the coin tubes are full, or you will get empty tubes but the machine is still trying to dispense

change. these just arent great machines my opinion replace it with a different unit or

just pull it all together. also the validators have problems (stackerless) they are prone to getting

bills stuck out of the back of it, which will cause the next bill not to be accepted. at least

this is the case on the older ICT bl-700 units , MARS made a nice stackerless val but good

luck finding one they are not common on the used market. idont think they are even still

in production.

Thank you for the advice! I'm going to ask them tomorrow, when I "fix" it, if they want me to take it with me right then or deal with it a little longer while I shop on Craigslist for a new one. What's a reliable, inexpensive one?

How are these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollar-Bill-Changer-Change-Machine-1-5-Bills-To-Coin-Token-Vending-NEW-/230926860026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c4503efa

It has been my experience the strong vibration from the payout solenoid mounted so close to the circuit board. Crack the solder connections especially the ones that hold larger components like the filter capacitors.

Resolder every single joint weather it looks good or not and your problem will likely go away.

Walta

Archived