slam dunk problem

dogcow

my costal "slam dunk" machine is getting a ton of play in my arcade , i got it a year ago and its just sat in my warehouse, now that i finally got it out on location people seem to love it

the problem is the ball is CONSTANTLY getting stuck in the net, it wont drop all the way through , i thougt the switch may be sticking so i shot some electronics grade silicon lubricant in there but it still keeps getting stuck this happens every few plays. any advice? i got the ball direct from costal so i know its the right ball for that machine. it just seems like it isnt heavy enough to flip the net switch consistantly every time , could i safely change it out for something heavier like a raquet ball or tennis ball?

also does anyone understand how to set the percentaging ? i read the directions a dozen times and and they ar very confusing. i set all the difficulty dip switches to OFF which seems to put it at the easiest setting and lowest points prices but the "cheapest" prize in the machine still says 32-35 points to get it when i play. i have no idea how someone could make 32 points in a 30 sec game that seems impossible, if not improbable you have to be VERY good to score that much. i want to put real cheapo stuff in there and make it an easy win.

does anyone know why these machines are no longer made? i would love to get more of them it has been a HUGE hit , aside from air hockey ive made more off it than any other game in my arcade id get a bunch more of these if i could find them, i assume there must be some technical problems with them is why they are not very popular, cause they sure do make money , also is there a good way to secure them i noticed theres no hasps on it anywhere :(

the little spring holding the metal loop ring thing that ball hits as it falls through net, just take it off,,so its just the spring sticking out..i have got just a pc of wire like 2" long and attached to end of spring to get it to score if it doesn't with just spring sticking out..

on percentaging it is random really,,the time changes and score changes about every time it seems..ive had better luck with price point to get it to win easier..problem with slam dunks is the plunger gets tore up,,the kids tear it off..and they are hitting it constantly as they can kinda play even when there is no money in game,,it wont win anything but they can still get ball through hoop..sooooo when they run out of tokens they are beating the golpher out of you slam dunk machine and tearing up plunger/ball shooting button thing..

i bought a container of them years ago and still have about 12 out and they do alright,,a pain to load with prizes just like all the games with screw springs to pay out prize,they all take forever on a route to fill up..

you can pick them up at auctions for about 3-400 all day long now..

ron

Archived