Help with Vendo 511

Candyman

Just had a Vendo 511 moved to a new location, emptied all the chutes everything working fine.

Plug in at new location and start to load a couple of columns, go into test mode to prime the column, clicks at the door but no action at the motor, try the next column and same thing, then get error column jam in every column I try to vend, cannot clear the error. Turned the machine off, same thing.

This machine has been working fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Do you think the board is shot?

I do have a spare board but wanted to see if there was anything I could try before changing it out.

Thanks

Were you able to successfully test any columns? All motors need to be at the home position with the motor switch actuator in one of the notches in the edge of the motor cam. If any are not at home, press the door switch above the logic board and the machine will try to home the motors.

Do the motors hum when testing? If so you may have a stuck gate link behind the motor. The motor must be removed by removing the wires. The switch connector comes off easily but the motor power wires can pull the spade connectors out of the winding if you're not careful. After the motor is off, note the position of the rotor then remove the black plastic gate link by removing the spring and the retaining clip. The rotor should now move freely. The gate link should have a nub protruding 90 degrees toward the rotor, off the tip of the pointed end. This nub gets worn down from riding on the rotor and can then allow the link to slip on the front of the rotor, jamming it. Once you have freed up the rotor you can reinstall the gate link, retainer clip and spring, then put the rotor back in the position it was in before removing it, reinstall the motor and wires. Now test the column again to see if it works. If the column now works but later jams again, you will need to replace the gate link.

If nothing is working through test vending or coin vending, then you could have a bad board or a loose motor harness at the board. You could also have a loose harness connection in the bottom of the door by the hinge, especially if the machine was clam-shelled to get it through a doorway.

If none of these things fix the problem, you should try your spare board.

Thanks for your reply AZVendor,

There was no movement or sound at the motors at all.  All the motors were homed, everything worked fine before it was moved just two hours previous.

I did check the harness connections which were fine.  The machine just reads sold out when the door is closed.

I tested three columns which all said column jam after the test even though the motor did not move.  I guess I will try the new board and hope for the best.  Will let you know what happens.

Archived