DN348 Need help

I recently got a DN348 and I am having problems with the first 2 "main" collums...... about every 4th vend something pierces the can in about the midde and you get a nice sticky shower when it drops out the door.......I looked up in there and cant see anything out of order or sharp protruding ect......... Not sure if its a shim issue or not. Any input I would greatly appreciate..

Thank You

If the cans are being punctured inside the column as they are loading or vending and the soda is sprayed primarily on the bottoms of the cans in the column and onto the delivery chute below the columns, then you probably have bent anti-theft devices on your oscillator bars.  If you empty a column you will find hanging from the upper bar of the oscillator, triangle shaped metal pieces that are designed to keep a rear can from sliding forward falling for free if the machine is tipped forward.  Quite often those triangular pieces get bent out of shape.  They cannot be returned to their original shape so you need to bend them further and remove them from the oscillator bar.  Only bend and remove the ones from problem columns.

If this is not the problem then tell us if the cut cans are dropping from the front or rear of the column and from the right or left side of the column. Describe or post a picture of the cut, the direction it goes and it also matters if the top of the can is to the rear of the machine (correct way) or if the top of the cans face the door (incorrect way). 

If the cans don't get cut as they drop from the column, do they get cut as they exit the machine?  If so you should check the raised edges of the delivery chute down toward the delivery door as sometimes they can have sharp edges.  Also check around the delivery door area and in the discharge port area between the delivery door and the front of the machine.  Look for sharp edges and for protruding screws that secure the delivery port trim to the front of the door.  The screws in the top edge of the trim should be long enough to limit the travel of the delivery door.  The delivery door is supposed to hit the top trim screws and this allows the delivery door to cover the screws.  If someone has installed screws that are too short then the delivery door can flip higher than the screws and the cans can then hit the screws.

I'm going to be at that machine today ill take a look and sone pics and update later..... Thank you ....... Hopefully we can pick out the prob without me having to vend and make more of a mess to find this prob ........ From what you said I'm leaning toward the anti theft device...... Ill check it all out and let you know

Here's pics of the trouble Collum ...... Can't see anything wrong in my opinion ...... Also there's 10 Collums in here and it's a 7 select machine ...... How does that work :huh:

Here the pic sorry

post-6874-0-10519700-1368119746_thumb.jpg

I don't see the anti-theft triangle in this picture but it may be obscured by the sold out paddle. Is there a triangle?  The one thing I do see is that you need to have shims on each side of the column to vend cans.  You should have two on each side, I believe.  Now a 348 with 10 columns should only one wide column, is that correct?  Are you also having damage to cans in the column left of this - column  2?  Is this machine 2 cans deep or 3 cans deep?  (I think it's 2)

Is your machine single price or multiprice?  Seven buttons for 10 columns means you will have to program space-to-sales meaning you have to have a control board and the machine will be multiprice. 

I'm sorry it's 9 select 10 collums....2 deep ......well after 6 busted cans n an hr on phone with DN I found it ..... When the right front can vended and came down the chute it was hitting the turned up edge .... I rolled that over n covered it with a pc of hose n it's been ok ...... Still a bit confused with the extra collum

This machine having 9 selections for 10 columns means that it is a Coke version.  Coke always has their machines made with the top selection button controlling columns 1 and 2.  So your top button will vend the right wide column and the next left column which is narrow.  There is a sequencing solenoid on the single price machine that will alternately vend from col. 1 and 2 whenever the top button in selected. This is to evenly sell down the two columns. 

Therefore, you have to fill columns 1 and 2 with the same flavor that is labeled for the top button.  This should always be your best seller.

Archived